Where's Music At?

What it says on the tin - One Half of Bent is Simon Mills and if you love the whimsical psyche-folk meets hazy beats via Lemon Jelly, Air and indeed, Bent, then this album is for you. Bloody lovely stuff on NuNorthern Soul

also, a new Analog Attic label release by the irrepressible alex Albrecht came out today

New I:Cube - excellent as ever

Sprawling blissed out project featuring Liv.E, Pink Siifu,Ladybug Mecca, Jimetta Rose, Quelle Chris, V.C.R., Mndsgn, butcher Brown and more. Neo Soul meets hip hop. Smooth and smoked out.

4 Likes

gotta admit i really like the name “one half of bent”. smart move, simon!

2 Likes

Yes! Thanks, @Apiento.

1 Like

I don’t do a lot of hip hop but I’ve been really enjoying that B. Cool-Aid project.

2 Likes

Making Americana Great Again one LP at a time, the North American boys from Los Angeles take another stroll on a gently winding path through Arcadian Americana, slumberous cosmic country and ambient folk territory to a place where all is love and love is all, ably supported by Third Man Records.

2 Likes

A little something to get the weekend started from DJ Panthr for 100% Silk as he softens some of the sounds of club music history, then wraps them around restrained dance floor constructs creating some fine ambient house to soundtrack your afterparty, become warm up DJs’ new best friend & assist those who need a bit of cerebral disengaging electronic oomph without the full sweaty rave.

2 Likes

One the Mark Hollis crew might appreciate:

2 Likes

Lovely stuff that :facepunch:

1 Like

Don’t know much about this performer other than she has a really unique voice and her songs are steeped in folk/country - this one is a standout.

2 Likes

Wicked tune from Paresse

1 Like

Nice bit of twinkly bass-step type stuff from the MoMA lot

1 Like

some tasty new bits

3 Likes

Pau Roca is a local hero in these parts, Nitsa dj and fervent Espanyol fan. Makes some nice tunes too

3 Likes

Pulse III on the Peveralist 12 is dope.

1 Like

Been loving that one too!

She sounds great and you can’t argue with a song title like tha either :rofl:

The vocals might be a bit divisive but there’s no arguing with the riddims:

Bristol’s Joe Yorke & The Co-Operators come correct again with more consummately crafted vintage reggae sounds telling blue eyed, average Jane & Joe tales of day to day life and modern struggles from the UK’s (post-election) forgotten people, on the ever impressive, real deal Waggle Records.

1 Like

A whole heap of Samba, a dash of cumbia, jazzed up synths, psychedelic everything, a pinch of post punk funk & attitude with a tropical toasted cinematic surf sheen & a sprinkle of dub without sounding overcooked and you’re getting close to summing up the joys of one man band marvel Alex Figueira’s new Tropicalia 2.0 LP for his Music With Soul imprint.

1 Like

My album of the week: Even ordered a copy on viny, which is a proper rarity.

With a devotional breeze from the East blowing in through a cracked studio window agitating the cosmic vibes, the Elkhorn duo strip things back to acoustic basics, intertwining the sounds of American primitive guitar with spiritual jazz on this blissful journey to a higher plain for Centripetal Force & Cardinal Fuzz.

3 Likes

Something of an ambient Traveling Wilbury’s here; as with suitably minimal fanfare several of the 12K label stalwarts, over an extended period of time, contributed to this exercise in electroacoustic eloquence & communal co-operation for the greater sonic good by crafting this exquisite label showcase & furthering the conjecture around telepathic communication.