Where's Music At?

that conic rose album is terrific. digging into the others.

1 Like

Radioslave

First Iā€™d heard of them, itā€™s a great listen and Iā€™m now on their case!

Quite and amazing debut, theyā€™re only young as well - I hope they stick at it. They seem to be getting a lot of gigs in Germany which is encouragingā€¦

1 Like

Been working hard on getting this new LP out the last couple of months, and it finally saw the light of day last Wednesday. Iā€™ve only really cottoned on to neoclassical music the last few years and this is for anyone who might like Nils Frahm, Olafur Arnalds etcā€¦ Iā€™d recommend a late night headphone listen or Sunday morning perhaps?

1 Like

Lonnie Holley is a true Maverick. Traded for a bottle of a whiskey when he was 4, heā€™s got 14 kids and makes art out of junk. His music is equally, slightly unreal. His first two LPs from 2012/13 are two of my most treasured. Sadly his output after has fluctuated a bit but this is a real return to form I reckon.

Get the full mad story here: Lonnie Holley - Wikipedia - bookmark it in case you ever think your life is hard!

2 Likes

With the West seemingly locked in a dance music pastiche death spiral (Discuss!) any meaningful rave innovation in the last 15 years has come from Africa and the Lisbon diaspora. So if you havenā€™t taken a ride on the deep bouncing percussive Amapiano basslines yet then the new DJ Black Low LP on Awesome Tapes From Africa will get you up to speed & introduce you to some of the freshest new vocal stylings since grime ripped up the urban poetry rule book.

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to back to my roots for todayā€™s tip, so say hello to Goldings, Rastegar & Rounds the funkiest trio that Daptone never signed, as they manage to put their own jazz juiced, soul soaked twist on those classic 20th grooves, ranging from sunny West coast smoothies, steamy organ menage a troisā€™, reggae riddims & cinematic exotica for Ropeadope.

Unfathomably this rhythmic, time transcending, free spirited New Age ambient eulogy from Joe Westerlund via Psychic Hotline is not for one, but three friends and mentors who passed in a short space of time. Iā€™m sure words were also said and written, but this remembrance, utilizing musicā€™s unique ability to communicate emotion, from a skilled musician dispenses with the platitudes and captures an essence that words could never convey.

1 Like

If you need easing into the week then youā€™re in luck, ambient stalwart Wil Bolton is back on the ever dependable Laaps Recordings with another enchanted soundscape that certainly echoes the LP title, where the sounds of barely bothered instruments & distant field recordings melt into the ambient ether to illusory utopian effect; but thatā€™s fine, itā€™s OK to dream a little.

1 Like

Laaps. Great label.

1 Like

This is just stunning, Ive shared it far and wide and not a bad word. Beautiful tunes.

1 Like

Very much enjoying thisā€¦the usual standard of quality from Ilian Tape :100:

2 Likes

Killer as usual. Silent Now is my jam.

A smooth slice of balearodelia from Statues https://on.soundcloud.com/qPvQu1FHKYv6z3Lr5

Killer tune. Love the fact this was probably made in some studio in Copenhagen

2 Likes

So reliable over so many releasesā€¦

Ever since I discovered Saul Williams and Ursula Rucker Iā€™ve loved a bit of spoken word, this new one from Hourloupe is well away from the Slam Poetry side of things but the voice is great and the production killer.

If you need some ambient escapery the new Hiroshi Ebina is a beautiful, delicate listen:

1 Like

Thought Iā€™d sneak in the latest radio show as well:

Which ends withe latest killer from Payfone, which Iā€™m sure you all know about, but just in case:

4 Likes