Where's Music At?

Some classic vibes, nicely done. To drop a release on Christmas day is brave/stupid, but being as it sold 500+ copies I guess he knows what he’s doing - that’s a serious fanbase!

2 Likes

Killer releases are still thin on the ground but here’s a few of January’s better ones - mostly ambient. The release calendar is starting to fill though so hold tight!

I also got my finger out and did the first radio show of '23:

The Max Würden LP is beautiful.

1 Like

A few more preview tracks from this new Urbs album have been made available - many of you are going to love this.

4 Likes

Still finding it slower on the release front than previous years, here’s my fave from the recent finds:

Psychedelic global fusion:

Moving, neoclassical disgust at Canada’s Tar Sands project (Full Disclouse - on the TSMM label?

The full horizontal ambient:

Shameless playlist plug for the etheral house heads:

1 Like

New Khotin dropped today and is extra lovely even by his own dreamy standards

4 Likes

5 hours of LUSH. I swear this man was born with liquid MDMA for blood.

9 Likes

That sounds amazing.

On my third listen of this and i’m in love with tracks 6, 8 and 11.

1 Like

Struggling to categorise this album but decided to give it a go following a New Commute tip-off. Lovely hazy pop experiments incorporating natural, ambient, dubby elements. Recommended for something a little different.

4 Likes

Listening now. Dig!

Words cannot describe how much I love Payfone

8 Likes

Thats really good

1 Like

he lives down the road from me but I never see him! he was moaning last year that the Spanish promoters always want him to bang it but that’s not what he’s about.

1 Like

Good old New Commute - such a great source of music tips!

He always delivers, I just wish he’d put more music out!

1 Like

Been mad busy this year with life but thought I’d pop in with a few recent faves if you’re not following the blog:

Four for the guitar crew:

A few random odds and sods:

Can’t believe I’d never heard of this Bristol dub bloke before - proper!

6 Likes

Oh year I kicked off a new playlist for any old punky types and anyone who likes a bit of post punk, New/No wave type vibe…

2 Likes

Really enjoyed that Sluice album. Great sounds.

1 Like

I never really took much notice of Kid Fonque but he’s popping up on alot of stuff I listen to, he’s having a good year…

1 Like