Where's Music At?

Unifier-in-chief Landon Caldwell stands tall in a cosmic vortex of swirling creative energy, philosophy & 21st century possibility - ensemble recordings from the Indianapolis freak music epicenter; remote solo recordings; physical; digital; improvisation; & composition, to conduct a stunning, spiritual jazz ambient odyssey worthy of the 20th century & whatever lies ahead.
Available from Atlantic Rhythms.

Last but not least a quick adbreak :slightly_smiling_face:

The third single from Greg Dallas & Jan Esbraā€™s forthcoming Confluence LP on The Slow Music Movement label is here, with the enchanting vocals of Catey Esler adding spectral allure to this already hypnotic slice of New Age, psychedelic, ambient electronica.
Link to all streaming services:

Havenā€™t yet listened to it.
ā€œAnother Day on Earthā€ is an underrated Eno album IMHO

1 Like

these guys never fail to soothe me

2 Likes

late night moods

2 Likes

I do like a bit of Shabason, itā€™s interesting to see him evolve, heā€™s definitely heading towards poppier territory, as much as I liked his slightly more deeper earlier sounds you canā€™t really blame him I guess, heā€™s got to pay the billsā€¦

The original LP from March was unashamedly throwback roots reggae & happily the dub version doesnā€™t stray from those golden age Jamaican vibes either, with Nick Manasseh & David Hill jumping on the board old school style to whip up these evergreen dubs for Acid Jazz Records.

Equally unhurried yet warmer and more rounded, Credit Electricā€™s new LP for Royal Oakie is a freaky folk-rock meets dreamy psychedelic pop affair, that greets you with a good natured flower powered smile before beckoning you to come and join the conversation.

This is a gem and some more incredible Theo Ellsworth artwork for the vinyl packaging crew.

Fourth World aware, occasionally sub-aquatic, Greek cave dwelling inspired ambient jazz from Son of Chi & Arthur Flink for Astral Industries, seemingly optimized to make all the pain go away or at the very least provide the most pleasing of sedentary soundtracks.

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing The Phonometricianā€™s new instrumental, ritualistic folk-noir contemplation on death for Lost Tribe Sound; with itā€™s anxiety inducing cover, will be one of the least clicked on blog posts of the year, but I dare you press play as itā€™s an intense, hypnotic, achingly beautiful & ultimately liberating look at our final journey.

this was an excellent way to start my seattle work week. the rains have finally come, and this album captures the cold quiet and damp city sound of a dusky day. will buy this on vinyl if i can find a good US distributor.

1 Like

Fabulous neo yacht rock business from Shawn Lee & Andy Platts - on repeat over here !!

2 Likes

One of my favourite LPs of the year! Glad youā€™re enjoying it.

This one is a bit of (very listenable) fun.

If you ever wondered what the ghost of Celine Dion would sound like then Romance have once again kindly teleported her to a parallel ambient dimension to sweeten their electronic swells with her refreshingly ameliorated, yet still syrupy vocals to wonderfully soothing effect for Ecstatic Recordings.

If youā€™re enjoying Romance then you might well enjoy an soundbath in the Slow Ambient Playlist: Slow Ambient - playlist by The Slow Music Movement | Spotify

1 Like

These guys need no introduction Iā€™m sureā€¦

Harking back to the 90s chill out enlightenment and taking a tour through all sorts of New Age threaded and Balearic tinged horizontal listening territory, the new Seahawks LP for Cascine is a most pleasant, gently undulating weekend relaxation aid.

4 Likes

Borderline Balearic, dreamy hazy pop with AOR undertones and a sprinkle of microdosed magic weave together on the new EP from Soft Double which doesnā€™t have a bad bone in its body and is suitably for all your easy, breezy, listening needs.

Check them out sprinkling their sonic magic on the on the [Slow Balearic Playlist]
(Spotify).

Daniel Averyā€™s new hitting all the spots today. Expansive soundscapes and massive breakbeats. Lovely work.

Boomkat described this as a euphoric ambient (trance?) album and that pretty much nails it. V v v v v nice.

2 Likes

New Kelela dropping February 2023 - canā€™t wait

1 Like

Boomkat is the only record store release list I get excited about these days, they really just do their own thing physically and digitally, so many leftfield, alternative finds to be had every week.