Where's Music At?

The spirit of orchestral jazz soaks into Keb’s cinematic noir hop and pleasingly psychedelic productions to create a richly detailed sonic bed for his late night blue eyed soul & somewhat weary sounding singer songwriter musings for Gearbox. He’s still sounding fresh.

1 Like

Better late than never on this one:

There are certain classic early rave tracks that are borderline sacred and which there is no good reason (cheap popularity gaining substandard remixes by creatively challenged modern producers especially) to touch. 808 State’s Pacific 707 is one. BUT I have to say Cruisic have smashed it out of the park, keeping the essence and dropping the tempo to a crawl on the A-Side and only going and dropping a swinging nu-jazz version on the flip. Even though they were on thin ice this is a most worthy cover version.

4 Likes

Nice to see Tomotsugo Nakamura back on Laaps with another Gaudí mosaic-like sonic wonder of acoustic and electronic shards that he’s painstakingly pieced together into a fluid, enveloping ambient whole despite the seemingly disparate nature of the sound sources.

1 Like

Somewhat unusually KMRU is a sound artist from Kenya, although you often don’t hear his African heritage in his work, which makes this sonic denunciation of colonial rooted Western appropriation of the continent’s cultural artefacts, using the recently repatriated sounds from the Sound Archive of Royal Museum of Central Africa all the more compelling.

1 Like

Also if you need an eclectic hour long mellow radio fix the new show is up for listening:

Quick teas

2 Likes

say it with me: slow! music! thread! slow! music! thread!

1 Like

It’s a sign of my personal times. I just can’t shake it like I used to :slightly_smiling_face:

I do have fun reliving my youth and remembering my days at the front of gigs with the wrecking crew, jumping around like a loon at raves and sweating all night in the old soul and nu-jazz clubs with this playlist though!

1 Like

Maybe the wrong thread but anyone has experience using the pressonvinyl plant in Middlesborough ?

this kinda is already tho

1 Like

@TheSlowMusicMovement

2 Likes

This is good…

9 Likes

Like that. Thanks. It’s got a Be.Lanuit vibe. £1 well spent on Bandcamp and looking forward to the remix coming out soon.

1 Like

This is excellent. Great shout.

1 Like

Idiosyncratic dub deviance emanating from Joyful Noise courtesy of Thor Harris and an intriguing collective of fellow musical trippers, as they put their shoulders into the dub continuum & nudge it decidedly left-field, whilst tipping their hats appreciatively to the 70s Jamaican pioneers who made it all possible. Right, now I’m off to find volume I.

Tuning his clarinet and accompanying synth to the frequency of the “bells, buoys, and ocean sounds” of his island surrounds, Gylden marks the the passing of his father in the most beautiful way possible, with this calming, considered reflection on love, loss and our fleeting moment in the cosmic sun for Seil Records.

I’ve got to admit to posting and running from social media these days and then just responding to comments, it’s better for my mental health that way. It’s a shame becasue there are some good threads out there but I can’t wade through all the shit any more to get to them.
The worrying thing is that TikTok is the mind melting “crack like social media nowhere else to go end game” and FB and IG are currently falling head over heels to emulate it.

2 Likes

Mostly my fault :slightly_smiling_face: Where’s the bangers at?

About time we had a proper hip house revival, it never realised it’s full potential. Now we’re in the
age of Hip Hop if it doesn’t happen now it never will

Muddying the definition of ambient on behalf of 100% Silk, Tokyo’s Precipitation throws in some classic house & breaks to his mix of cosmos contemplating synth sounds & all the right natural field recordings on these long & luscious tracks that will sound as good on the sofa as they will in the car driving to your outdoor summer hangout of choice.

If you’re digging this you might enjoy my Ambient House playlist:

3 Likes

Summer primed & psychedelically tuned, Glue Trip come through with some easy breezy tropicalia, smooth samba soul and dreamy Brazilian pop on their new self released LP that should cover most of your feel good, fun in the sun needs and as for that cover - YES!

3 Likes

Encouraged by Todmorden’s Basin Rock and setting his gaze north east from Brisbane, Tuttle invites an impressive line-up of country cosmonauts to help him conjure the perfect ambient American soundtrack for a voyage through the sort of awe inspiring wide open spaces that only countries the size of Oz & the US can offer.