Where's Music At?

Shawn Lee is riciculously versatile and prolific, definitely a musician/producer without a day job.

2 Likes

Kate NV is the business, there seems to be quite a lot of ambient dudes from Russia who Iā€™m tuning into, but sheā€™s the only girl I can think of, off the top of my head - talent!

Ooooo, like this crew. Just bookmarked the LP to check later - nice tip :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™m liking YOUTH, you know John Peel would be playing them if he was still aboutā€¦

2 Likes

I liked his earlier bits then he lost me a bit with his latest stuff. I say earlier but he just jumped on the scene recently and dropped loads of tunes in a short space.

The new Karima Walker album is great, best described as ambient folk. It veers between recognisable folk and flat out guitarless and voiceless ambient/drone/field recordings. A lovely listen start to finish:

also been enjoying this slice of neo-classical from Rumpistol, itā€™s rare an electronic producer does classical so well, despite his general eclecticism. Not sure why I always think classical vibes sound better on Sundays, Iā€™ll have to talk to my psychiatrist about that.

I agree, the first album is great, I think he shouldā€™ve waited a bit after that.

India by the videos on SM this weekendā€¦ Same flakey djs that play Tulum, Costa Rica ect are now playing partyā€™s in Indiaā€¦ The shit will hit the fan over there and not just in the hotel room with deli bellyā€¦ :roll_eyes:

Sounds delightful!!

Heather Trost - Love It Grows

Snooch Dodd & The Pro-Teens - I Flip My Life Every Time I Fly

Green-House - Sunflower Dance

https://youtu.be/Tdj-G2P7ZqE
Helado Negro - Sound + Vision

Xyla - Cold feat. Oso Feo

1 Like

Good calls, Iā€™m a big fan of Green-House and Helado Negroā€¦

Sonya Waters translates her wind turbine iced, New Zealand valley vista into a swirling, lava lamp hued, New Agetronic, fluffy cloud of an LP for Cudighi Records. This is a safe place where worries condense into life giving droplets & refresh Covid parched landscapes.

1 Like

There still arenā€™t enough electronic jazz fusion projects happening, & still less utilising one of the genreā€™s less fashionable instruments - the trombone. So itā€™s great to hear Danny Lubin-Laden plug in & take off to all sorts of distant, deep space, kosmische, ambient & future jazz destinations for
Slow & Steady Records

On the run from who knows what, Templehof have changed their easily identifiable beach soundtracking features, forged a new identity as One Million Eyes & hopped on one of the regular deep space shuttles departing the Strangely Isolated Place satellite station to pacify the alien masses with their laidback ways & chill out charm.

2 Likes

Just bought this today, lovely bit of brass over one of the tracks.

been a fan of Mr Twin Sister a few years, they just keep getting better. A fusion of The Knife and Sade, if they had met at the Paradise Garage, I love this new single.

4 Likes

So after a couple of years of teasing us with ambient house EPā€™s, Alex Albrecht finally lays his chilled credentials on the table in LP format & itā€™s a warming journey through gently undulating, hazy, time faded rhythmic ambient fields for Analogue Attic Recordings. Lovely stuff.

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NfEdBAxBGc

1 Like