Whats the mix you often go back to that we might not know?

I saw Trevor was tweeting about this, the track he was most asked about from the mix apparently.
Robert Palmer, Lynn Goldsmith and Sting.

3 Likes

Been on holiday with ltd wifi outside so been relying on an old Ipad with mixes from 10y ago

6MS Ton Moulton 4 x series
Timm Sure F the Rain I & III
Rob Mcleoud Soulful Mix & YouthGeeter
Hippie Torralies Classics ( so good)
Nathan Davis Indie Balearic I & II
Mark 7 Slow Blow
Matthew Burgess - Who Dares to Love Forever (TP34)
6th Borough Blend

6 Likes

Forgot about this one, amazing

7 Likes

Sent the spotters into meltdown. I remember it being a bit of a game changer when it came out.

2 Likes

DJ Nature’s “Subliminal Seducer Mix”. A fucking fun party mix from front to back.

9 Likes

Time to dust it off for a listen me thinks!

2 Likes

So this is 20 years old. It opened my ears to what you might call the second wave of ‘slightly’ more commercial french house via labels like Faya Combo and also I guess got into Gilles P thereafter to a lesser extent. I was completely obsessed with DJ Gregory for a while and Elle was the absolute pinnacle for me. I think it’s shame Gregory and Solveig chased the dollar because for a while they made really fun big tunes.

7 Likes

Had Elle on the other day, stands up pretty well.

1 Like

Lovely blue eyed disco mix from 6MS

2 Likes

Dare I say it, if you know you know :neutral_face:
Kenneth Bager’s Sunset Mix for Le Bain, NYC. by Le Bain on #SoundCloud

2 Likes

This is one I go back to regularly.

Patrick Ryder from Talking Drums - every track is a belter…

2 Likes

Not sure if i’ve posted this one before, but a dope mix, my soundtrack today as I went for a run in the warm sunshine.

1 Like

I had to dig this tear jerker out tonight for someone, after all the years it still hit hard…

an all-timer this one

2 Likes

This is by no means blowing smoke up anybody, but Apiento’s Flat Earth Mix is one I often go back to when bored or indecisive as to what to listen to.

It introduced me to new artists and tracks I had never come across before.

1 Like

Will always love this, some incredible passages of music from Ru and Klaus

Funnily, I was just on that same thread as I was reading up about Adventures in Success for something I’m writing. Out of interest did Sting make anything else as amazing as that around that time? I’ve got the awesome Eberhard Schoener why don’t you answer (thanks to an Intergalactic Gary mix no less!) but is anyone aware of anything else he did in that vein?

Mark Grusane spins this often too.

Hi Doctor
any chance to share it? :slight_smile:
Javi