Whats the last record you bought?

where from ? Tempted

1 Like

Backatcha records, but I think it’s gone now, might be worth an email to Aidan.

1 Like

Both discotecas 12”s.

1 Like

Any coil fans? Just got this the other week and the reissue sounds really good

4 Likes

I was looking for that for my son this Xmas

1 Like

replacing a battered original copy

triple vinyl is on strut’s bandcamp

6 Likes

Yeah love them. A lot of reissues coming out just now.

this one just arrived on my doorstep and it’s lovely:

it’s the right record for a day like today, too. dawn has a terrific voice, and should be forgiven for getting mixed up with diddy and that whole reality show scene.

4 Likes

Snagged a copy of this from a random record store I visited this weekend

1 Like

Another successful weekend and this January has been quite special. Sorry for the long post but I’ve found so many good records this month.

Last weekend:
Equa - In the Red 12’’ Test Pressing from October '83. Awesome UK Boogie. Pretty rare :smiley:

Boncana Maiga LP original copy in VG almost VG+ condition.

I also bought this pretty nice South African early 80’s jazz funk LP that has two very nice tracks but those are not anywhere available. I have to rip those to my YouTube channel.

Earlier this month:

Exportations - Party Down. I have no clue how but there was an original test pressing / white label of this disco soul monster out in the wild for 30€. Lucky me that I was there first to grab it.

Esa Saarinen - Filosofia is a Finnish obscure/new wave/balearic holy grail. First time saw this in a record store after years of searching and finally got myself an original copy. He is a famous Finnish philosopher and made this album with proper musicians in the early 80’s. In my opinion one of the best records ever made in Finland. There’s so many good tracks here: Rakkaani on, Ohuessa Ilmanalassa, Pitkä ja kaunis ystävyys, Paratiisi. You can find the whole album in Youtube or Spotify.

Tracy King - Don’t Stop

Brenda Moore - Invitation
Some kind of italo disco, proto house, boogie hybrid. Anyway, this is banger.

8 Likes

3 Moodymann represses coming out, £59 each, seems a crazy price.

1 Like

It’s beyond. Just playing on the fact that the originals go for till.

Making a conscious effort to not buy as many records this year as I have a wedding to pay for and numerous bits of work around the house to do, however I did get an eBay notification yesterday that a copy of this sultry lovers/soul cut that I’ve wanted for a while had been listed as a Buy It Now for the princely sum of… £1.29. Instant purchase!

2 Likes

59 quid on Rubadub whilst phonica charging £74.99!!

Good that they’re being made available again I suppose and cuts down on the price gouging? But that’s pricey.
‘Sinner’ was barely and lp though (double 12 with 5 tracks!)

Yeah true. I got Taken Away on release, it was about 40 quid iirc. Would like the s/t album but its too much.

Funnily enough I kind of predicted this 10 years ago.
“I think Kenny is doing the sensible thing and taking a proper slice of the pie upfront, seeing how much some of his stuff sells for? “
I had a couple of spares of Black Mahogani that took ages to flog at the time.
But there’s already been reissues of the other titles at sensible prices, albeit the Peacefrog albums so maybe the mechanics differ?

1 Like
5 Likes

Acquired this from the Oxfam shop in Islington. Sleeve bit tatty, but all the records needed was a bit of a clean.

14 Likes

Just listening to that Esa Saarinen LP on YouTube … great stuff! I see it was reissued last year but I’m on a second hand records only pledge for the whole of 2023. If you ever come across another reasonably priced original copy, hit me up!

2 Likes