What you reading

Ditto and ditto. The trousers and shoes are unforgivable though!

It all looks terrible.

2 Likes

Nice piece about Ezra Collective playing in Lagos Mercury prize winners Ezra Collective: ‘A bassline and drumbeat puts everyone on the same page’ | Jazz | The Guardian

1 Like

“Maybe it should have been titled Punk IS dad hahaha”
Yes it should

2 Likes

completely bizarre… reading the reviews, hilarious

Chazza find today, filled with lots of interesting illustrations too.

4 Likes

Forgot I’d pre-ordered this. Turned up today. Need to get cracking, got about 5 books to read now.

6 Likes

Finished this last week, utterly terrifying and incredibly prescient. File under dystopian future novels with a strong “it couldn’t happen here” slant. A real page turner, not for the faint hearted

5 Likes

Nice, might check that out

1 Like

Nice review of the world of Spotify etc from a few months back, also references this for the sub-genre fans:

https://everynoise.com/

2 Likes

Getting stuck into this atm

5 Likes

This looks ace.

Fascinated and also slightly scary reading about this trial and all that went before, especailly how Michael Lewis managed to get a fly on the wall view of the whole thing unfolding:

Sam Bankman-Fried found guilty of defrauding FTX customers out of billions | Sam Bankman-Fried | The Guardian

John Lanchester · He-Said, They-Said: Crypto Corruption · LRB 2 November 2023

Michael Lewis Is Buying What Sam Bankman-Fried Is Selling - The Atlantic

1 Like

amazing how many of these people wanted to be classical musicians but no-one would let them

4 Likes

Kind of shocking isn’t it? Michael Lewis is usually an essential read for me and I’m second-guessing myself after seeing how he got snookered by SBF. There was a “Lunch with the FT” with SBF in Spring 2022 and it seemed pretty obvious to us he was either a fraud or out of his gourd

Archive link in case of paywall

2 Likes

I always find it so weird that some people’s job / vocation is just ‘making money, out of other money’

2 Likes

Yeah he seems weirdly uncritical of him, I suppose he’s trying to maintain some balance or neutrality maybe, but even SBF’s parents are quoted as saying he was basically out of control. The Effective Altruism bit makes for an interesting twist on it too.

1 Like
2 Likes

Pleased for her, I really liked her first stuff and she seems like a unique voice that deserves to cross over