What you reading

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/may/23/ian-dury-was-a-voice-for-the-disenfranchised-chaz-jankel-the-man-who-made-the-blockheads-funky

9 Likes

Missed that somehow, great read thanks for the linky.

Very funny, as always, from Marina Hyde

8 Likes

“You get the feeling it takes her 18 goes at a reCaptcha before she can prove to the Karen Millen website that she’s sentient.”

That’s just brilliant.

1 Like

Too true, they all have ‘main character syndrome’ as my kids would say

4 Likes

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/may/30/duck-rock-at-50-malcolm-mclaren-seminal-album-with-a-queasy-underside?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

7 Likes

Slightly depressing on a number of levels but then also, fair enough

1 Like

A foundational record for me, ever since my mum confiscated it from a kid in her class

This could be a genuine gamechanger!

I hope the outcome is a positive one, for the entire country’s sake…

9 Likes

Choke ‘n’ hold…

3 Likes

Just read this… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Saw the secret dj tweeting about this and others, all sounds pretty horrendous.

2 Likes

Seems to be an endless stream of wrong ‘uns.

2 Likes

Starting this. Second hand purchase inspired by the Gonzo Goa comp. Looks like it could be the Harry’s Kebabs of the Goa scene. I’ll report back.

1 Like

Not sure how one thinks having an unsolicited J Arthur in front of some poor assistant is acceptable… I mean what’s the thought process, utterly baffling and abhorrent, literal toss pot.

4 Likes

Not even considering the Oakenfold accusations, there are a baffling number of men drunk enough on power and money who seem to do this in the workplace.

6 Likes

it is weird, right? after louis ck was called out for this i was so confused - why in the world would a person want to do that?

power and shock value i guess but still, of all the ways to create an impression it seems like one of the worst ways going.

5 Likes

On a lighter note​:smiley: on hols so nailing the pages, Tangier done which was great. Not normally a fiction reader but reeled me in. Restless Republic is a serious recommendation if you like the Tom Holland etc brand of personalised history. Got the Dilla as well, 4 days and a flight…can he do it!?:thinking::joy:

3 Likes

7 Likes