What you reading

More guardian Balearic bait Bleep it out! The bowel-quaking dance music of late-80s Yorkshire | Dance music | The Guardian

1 Like

I haven’t been to Printworks. Is it, as it always seems to look in the main room anyway, like a concert venue? (The big stage and everyone looking forward, which to be fair if you have a big stage at one end and a narrow room that’s what you are going to get)

LOL

12 Likes

Fucked around, found out. That’s what you get for being Racist fucks :pinched_fingers:

7 Likes

Killing Thatcher by Rory Carroll.
Gripping, struggling to put it down. Emphasises how little I know about the politics and history of Northern Ireland.
Makes me even more angry about the reckless actions taken by Boris Johnson and his cohorts for their own selfish, immediate gain.

Think I may have found them a new beer supplier…

2 Likes

And the irony of the racist owners moving to a Muslim majority country is hilarious. You just know they’re the type to say Londonistan etc. Utter fuckwits.

6 Likes

Always have time for Cauty et al.

2 Likes

Looks like IDEA is reissuing Ibiza '89 if anyone missed it the first go-around:

7 Likes

giving this a whirl

1 Like

Few new pics included in this one apparently

1 Like

2 Likes
2 Likes

speaking of roisin, this just arrived today.

disco pogos are always good investments.

10 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Worth reading? I’ve a copy on my shelf for a bit but haven’t taken the plunge. He’s a bit cringe for me these days…

1 Like

seems weird that dude has written TWO memoirs, only two years apart.

in the second one he got ate up in the press for talking about dating natalie portman who was like “never happened, moby”.

also, i have this on speed dial for whenever moby comes up in conversation:

3 Likes

So far so good.

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean but/and it’s a good read about living & djing in NY in 1987 (so far). Don’t know if it’s ghostwritten but it’s nicely done and pleasantly self-deprecating (skinny white straight sober vegan christian on the NY club scene)

2 Likes