What you reading

I had a blast reading Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH aloud to my young nephew recently - was a favorite growing up and glad to pass that on…

1 Like
1 Like

1 Like

the wife brought this home from the library and being that i was JUST complaining about how i don’t take the time to read, i went in on this over the course of the weekend.

it’s basically a high-powered version of a 33 1/3 book, but it was a bit more lovely, a bit more personal. i’m a few years older than the author so my connection with ATCQ is a but different - i loved them but i loved them amongst a whole lot of other stuff at the time. it’s a different story when you’re a kid with maybe only 10 tapes and you study what you have almost medically.

5 Likes

Looks interesting. I nearly got her autobiography for my mum for christmas (mainly because I wanted to read it)

FTCrh5jWIAMJRe5

1 Like

Acid via IDEA by Dave Swindells. It’s great.

6 Likes

Sadly I never went to The Orbit. A mix of being slightly too young and living too far away but I was always aware of its importance. This is a really lovely read

Revisit Morley's Techno Mecca The Orbit - Threads Radio

2 Likes

Brilliant isn’t it?

1 Like

Yes. It’s great isnt it Chris. So well done.

1 Like

Just arrived, will report back

9 Likes
6 Likes

Duel the best out and out Pop record of the Eighties in my book

2 Likes

The first issue of Disco Pogo

12 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

3 Likes
2 Likes

Really enjoyed this along with this other one by Carlo Rovelli, both touching on similar themes, and their ideas on time and consciousness agree with each other quite a bit:

Another similar one is this Biocentrism which it seems has been largely scientifically discredited, but still an enjoyable read (even if it’s been debunked), you can read it as a science fiction :slight_smile: Think I enjoyed this one the most actually :smile:

2 Likes

Highly recommend Carlo Rovelli’s books.

I really think with the current trend towards making psychedelics respectable scientifically again, we will see some progress on the nature of consciousness in the next few years.

3 Likes

Just landed - lovely content and the adverts/format giving me flashbacks.

3 Likes