What you reading

Seeing Midori Takada live next week with Ana Roxanne!

3 Likes

Nice!

it’s lovely of course and i can’t wait to pre-order the next one. another thing that i absolutely bought the moment i saw it but the moment i saw it, i was also faded and more recent me couldn’t remember if i’d actually bought it, so i nearly bought another one from a different email address/account. anyway, long live disco pogo. i will undoubtedly unearth the jockey slut box and start re-reading.

this is good, if not a little stylized. both my wife and i have been interested in breathwork but it can be an impenetrable topic - either like “read this 4000yo text” or “read this insufferable white guy try to make a 4000yo text sound cool and modern”. we’re not super-judgy, i swear. it’s not GREAT but it feels like a decent primer to something else, and maybe three books down the line i’ll actually consult the 4000yo text, who knows.

5 Likes

Yugoslavian pop anyone?

I went to school and cubs with Anil Seth. Always was a top boffin. Built himself his own computer when we were about 12. Pretty mad when you think that would’ve been in 1984.

So great to see he’s done so well.

1 Like
6 Likes

Nice article:

2 Likes

Couldn’t see it mentioned already, but The Islander is out today - hoping for plenty of stories of Grace, Sly & Robbie et al, from Compass Point Studios: https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-islander/chris-blackwell/paul-morley/9781788705752

6 Likes
10 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

:eyes:

5 Likes
6 Likes

I would suggest reading Art Pepper’s biography. That guy had the worst of luck, but he always fought through it

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like