What you going to?

“Mummmm… Uncle Bill’s being weird again…” :joy:

6 Likes

We’re hosting Klasse Wrecks’ Mr Ho on 21st June as part of his EU tour at Ormside Projects in Bermo. It’s our first party there and heard very good things about the custom built soundsystem! 200 cap with diy warehouse aesthetics. Hope some of you can make it down! Tickets already selling:

8 Likes

Got to love him - national treasure

1 Like

I like the fact that he still does things like this.

Or that he publishes things on the internet that are only available for 24 hours.

3 Likes

Luke Una’s É SOUL CULTURA courtyard party at the Ministry on June 15th. Never been a fan of the Ministry and never been in the courtyard either but thought a daytime shift with Luke just a short train ride from home has got to be well worth a tenner

3 Likes

Just saw this today funnily enough

Not sure how it’s going work though, it’s a tiny space and also the Great Escape festival is on

4 Likes

Anyone going to the Theo street party on Saturday in Shoreditch? I’m tempted but tickets are pretty punchy. Will wait and see how weather looking later in the week I think.

Talking of punchy prices, I looked into taking the family to the theatre to see David Tennant in Macbeth (youngest lad is doing it for English GCSE). £200 per ticket! Swerved that…

4 Likes

Fuck, that’s dreadful, and you know all the poshos will spend the money on it too to give their kids an advantage.

When we were doing Hamlet(?) at school our teacher took us to see it, with some young guy called Kenneth Branagh in the lead role, apparently he went on to do some other stuff later

5 Likes

Same … only it was Mark Rylance

5 Likes

Shocking innit. My gf wanted to take her daughter and my daughter to it but it would have cost well over £500, which is just insane.

2 Likes

I took my son to a local performance a couple of weeks ago, it was two actors doing all the parts. Really clever staging but he was very, very confused.

2 Likes

It’s such a transparent grift - put an actor who kids will recognise in a play which half the kids of that age in London must be studying and charge extortionate prices to gullible, well-intentioned parents. Stinks

6 Likes

Agreed.

I can imagine that was a bit confusing! Shame he hadn’t seen the PG Tips advert for prep :smiley::

1 Like
11 Likes

Look at that, nobody staring at Ron and nobody on a phone, apart from the person filming. What is the world coming to!

8 Likes

if only…

3 Likes

Directed by Steve McQueen no less!

1 Like

Indeed. I went to a thing with him and Gimpo in Bedford in probably 2002-3 when he was selling the 1/20th pieces of A Smell of Sulphur in the Wind for $1 (Gimpo on hand to exchange £1 coins for grubby dollar bills to hand over to Drummond)

As I paid for my piece and he cut it out, I asked him about my copy of his book 45, which I’d bought off the shelf at WHSmith, only to find that it had been signed.

I’d fancifully imagined that Bill had been going around and furtively signing his own books on the shelves!

“No” he said “It was probably a left over copy from one of the store signings”

Illusion shattered :joy:

He’d already warned us not to ask him anything about the KLF.

I’ve always got time for him!

7 Likes

A bunch of us are going. Weather looks like it might hold out :crossed_fingers:

1 Like