What you going to?

Got my moves ready for the Berkeley Suite tomorrow night (and my fit to be fair :joy:)

3 Likes

free to a good home

Last night was great, good to see a few friendly faces.
I didn’t know what to expect from Mad Professor. So it was great to experience what he did.

AK was sounding lush!

9 Likes

Yes was great fun, excellent to have those two together on a line up.

1 Like

Thanks for coming people. Was a lovely night.

4 Likes

Alex Kassian was great, I had a dance. Lots of nice people. Shame it couldn’t go on a bit later, it was all over too quickly.

2 Likes

Yeah agreed. You sort of want to run it straight into a party…,

1 Like

Would like to see these guys in Glasgow in September but suspect tickets may be hard to come by.

6 Likes

Saw them in Dublin years ago… they weren’t too good that night…

3 Likes

Idjut Boys at Filly Brook was great yesterday. First time I’ve been. A bizarre little venue. Felt
Like the back room of a working men’s club but with a red light and no sticky carpets.

6 Likes

I saw them many, many times and they were something of an obsession. I bought the Champion Versions ep out of an ad in the back of the NME because Nick McCabe had been involved. I paid with a Postal Order ffs!

Will be trying to get tickets for Roundhouse in October.

There’s a pre sale link you can sign up to.

3 Likes

It’s an old scout hut :grinning:

2 Likes

That makes sense. Gives off royal British legion vibes from the exterior.

1 Like

That reminds me to post this series on London’s last working men’s clubs

3 Likes

Used to love going down the local
Working men’s and pretending to be a member for the cheap drinks and random chats with the regulars before moving on to wherever it was you were going that night.

5 Likes

Cosmo is coming to West Cork

7 Likes

Mick Jones rock & roll archive on show until March 16th

https://www.creativereview.co.uk/rock-roll-public-library-magazine-exhibition/?cmpid=crnews_39727780&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=cr_news

3 Likes

Off to a bar that I slagged off in my last blog (awkward…) only to then find out my amigo Be.Lanuit is over from Ibiza playing there tonight, hopefully wearing one of his kaftans. Casa Bonay is one of those hotel bars that gets good people in to play but doesn’t let anyone stand up let alone dance, and it feels like a deliberately strategy by the management. Hopef the music will be good though.

3 Likes


Thinking about going to this. It’s a bit of a trek, but I love the music of Niklas Wandt and imagine he’d be a great selector. Has anyone seen him play?

6 Likes