What Jeans Are You Wearing (If That Is Still Your Choice Of Trouser)

Oh no. Haven’t bought a pair for a while. Thought that was me sorted for life with jeans I like.

1 Like

2 Likes

my alltime favs were the 511 relaxed taperfit from the Levis commuter range- now unfortunately discontinued. I’ve had a few different pairs of commuter jeans from other companies -

(NEVER BUY clothing from this one btw Resolute Bay CC Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of resolutebay.cc)

-but most too skinny.
Now for the last 3 years I just buy any W34 jeans and get the legs tailored like Levis relaxed tapered fit 511. It’s great, just search any site for +60% discount jeans in your size, slap the 20buck tailor fee on top and bingo!

2 Likes

Yeah had a few pairs of commuter, superb (was riding a lot at the time too)

All my life, I had a rule of no trackpants to be worn outside of a 5 meter radius of my home…queue the pandemic and that went out the window entirely. The shame factor became irrelevant for a time there. As I work from home, pants in general haven’t just become optional, they’ve become non existent and I live in boxer shorts most days. I realise I’m outing myself as a slob here amongst the selvedge/raw denim fanboys, but I figure this is a safe space. haha

9 Likes

Ive multiple pairs of the std Uniqlo ones, they age well

As much as Id like to I cant bring myself to fork out loads for Japanese ones

(@howler - my friends & I refer to TUTO FB page as the Selvedge Nonce site :no_mouth: - Sorry)

3 Likes

I’ve had some Muji ones in the past, also well made and age well (and they’re Japanese, well sort of)

My mate bought a freezer for his jeans and nothing else. Maybe the two of you could start a group.

2 Likes

Why would you put your keks in the freezer?

Something about the smell or odor control but I think it’s all been debunked but he insists on it. Been doing it since we were in university so he’s more than willing to die on that hill.

1 Like

Blimey the things that go on behind closed doors

I think that’s the idea but apparently it doesn’t work. I have sent him articles on it but some guy told him about it in the 90’s and that’s how he’s sticking with it. He has lovely jeans though it must be said. Goes on trips to Japan regularly to source jeans and I’m sure he has plenty that have never been washed. We all have our vices, I suppose.

Kills the bacteria or something? Also could have a shelf in there for CDs I’m guessing?

Did he hear it through the grapevine? :coat::man_running:

4 Likes

Its a well known thing that even though your japanese heavy weight denims look teh same as George @ Asda women ( or men who go out with selvedge girls) can tell the difference & much prefer men in real selvedge

A bit like having the original shrink wrapped import 12" rather than a UK repress in a picture sleeve impresses the opposite sex

3 Likes

I’ve ordered a pair of 55 Chinos from Edwin. I’ll let you know how they fare on the jodhpurs scale!

2 Likes

I’ve washed and tumbled mine a couple of times and they fit like a glove.

1 Like

I have one pair of iron hearts left and a pair of samurai. The iron hearts are 21oz but are super comfy.

Sold of my other samurais off as they didnt get worn. Not comfy. Shame to sell these as i like fades but never get worn.

I had to grab these. Far too good. How do they fit? True to size?

1 Like

Yeah, loving them. Such a great shape.