What Jeans Are You Wearing (If That Is Still Your Choice Of Trouser)

Have to say that denim jeans aren’t my default trouser of choice these days as I have a continual fear of the Jeremy Clarkson middle aged man look. (My usual leg wear of choice are various colours of Uniglo chinos. Like the fit, hard wearing, plus pockets that you can actually fit stuff in as well), but I do occasionally go back to jeans. Gave up on skinny ones many moons ago, have a reliable pair of once indigo blue Levi 501’s that have aged and worn very nicely over the last five years or so. Like meeting an old mate for a pint when I dig them out.
What is the denim of choice for others on here, or have you too left them behind a bit as you get older?

1 Like

Not Jeans but I‘ve been rocking a variety of colours of these bad boys since getting a pair for Christmas a year ago.

Slacks, the way forward for the man over 50.

I ain’t too proud…:joy:

5 Likes

A few years ago I looked round at the other men at my work and decided never to wear jeans again. Now that I’m not in a proper job I have gone back, but I try and only ever have one pair on the go, I got some fancy Danish ones from TK Maxx last year. Still haven’t washed them.

2 Likes

I’ve worn nothing but 501’s (and other 5’s) since 1989. I’ve tried others but nothing else seems to look right on me. Years of working in offices have ruined trousers and button up shirts for me.

5 Likes

Levi’s only for me.

1 Like

Edwin & Carhartt for me (tapered legs).

Edwin do some really nice chinos too. Just bought a nice olive green pair.

3 Likes

still mostly jeans but also wearing adidas sweatpants an alarming percentage of the time.

i have a close friend who “went adult” about 10 to 15 years ago and he’s tried to convince me to do the same. i’ve lived basically my whole life in sweatshirts and skatewear, so to suddenly move to slacks and sensible sweaters would be too shocking. this is me, i will absolutely be that guy who looks too old for his clothes (and may already) but that’s just my unfortunate nature.

5 Likes

Nudie Denim, fit like a glove.

7 Likes

Edwin ED-55 are my now very occasional go to denims

Currently, my troosers de jour are the Service Works Chef Pants, I have them in cotton twill and corduroy, £59 a pair and i love them.

6 Likes

Dickies Relaxed Straight Fit 5-Pocket Denim Jeans

For me it has to be heavy duty and dark denim. Dickies are built to last - nice and baggy for those of us who have either put on a few since their 20’s or, still can’t escape the skate/rave culture aesthetic haha.

“Waistband sits slightly below waist. Extra room in seat and thigh. Straight leg.7 keystone belt loops add strength and prevents bunching. Deep front pockets. Coin pocket fits small pocket knife. Signature stitching on back pockets. Heavy-duty brass zipper.”

2 Likes

I have jeans older than my kids. Dickies @Balearic_Clapton are a favourite and some Stussy ones I have years. I do like the look of those chef pants. :jeans:

2 Likes

At the moment it has to be a comfort fit and pale denim, to go with bulky trainers, for that early 90s look.

3 Likes

Edwin ED-55 Rainbow Selvedge here. Also have a pair of Edwin skinny Black jeans (not super skinny).

I do get where you’re coming from though. I have a couple of pairs of slim fit Levis XX Chinos which are really nice.

I’d love to get into proper Tweed stuff in a way for that gent look as a total antidote to both denim and chinos, but it’s so expensive (Walker Slater et al)

2 Likes

Currently switching between a pair of Full Count 1100 WW2 model and a pair of RRL Buckle Backs.

I don’t think I wore a pair of jeans for the whole of the pandemic, opting for either shorts or a pair of 1952 OG107 Utility pants (the comfiest trousers I’ve ever had). My go to strides these days are a beautiful pair of blue, 1960’s HBT French work pants, but I have returned to denim this winter. The Full Count’s are a lovely wide leg, and have been broken in and repaired countless times, and are now so soft, whilst the RRL are a slimmer cut which i tend to wear for work when meeting clients in the West End.

These were the FC’s when new and raw

1100_14_03_z_r_p4

And this is them now…15 years later

5 Likes

I also just grabbed a pair of these for work. Such a lovely cut, I’ll probably get the Stone version next month too.

3 Likes

Edwin ED-55 for me.

I’ve tried endless times to buy trousers like the Folk Assembly pant type of style but they just never fit me right (my legs are too long). So if not jeans I’m in chinos from time to time. I also love my forest green Carhartt WIP Marshall joggers.

3 Likes

I got into vintage suits when I had a job, had a few lovely tweeds but takes work to find ones that fit.

1 Like

Those Edwin chinos look good, thanks.

2 Likes

How often are peeps washing their selvedge/raw denim? :flushed:

1 Like

When I’m breaking a pair in, after the initial cold water soak to remove any excess dye, I’ll leave it as long as possible (maybe 18 months). Then it will be once or twice a year. The crotch will blow if you don’t, as the bacteria will degrade the denim (plus they start to hum) :wink:

4 Likes