What don't you get

Commercial mainstream radio station playlists. It’s like eating the same meal forever musically speaking. Makes me depressed.

2 Likes

Ditto. I have many friends that are on the NS scene, and it has introduced me to a great many 'Soul" tracks and slowies etc, but four to the floor soulless 60’s thumpers, good god no. Also don’t get me started on NS politics and nastiness, it’s 50% of the scene :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t get people who get pissed off when an expensive or rare record gets a repress. Too many collectors/resellers act like they made/own the music. Shit don’t fly with me.

20 Likes

fascinating documentary that was only let down with his performance clips and that elbow guy, who was cutting in far too frequently.

…people moaning about things they dont get, instead of celebrating the things they do :joy:

7 Likes

Modern mumble rap, it’s an easy target for old hip-hop Dads like me, but I really can’t get with it.

1 Like

And what’s bound to be a controversial one, but I really don’t get Radiohead.

I see there’s some musicality there, but Thom Yorke’s voice is grating at best and it’s all a bit over intellectualised.

6 Likes

Folk Funk. Ewww

Yeah they lost me at Creep and never regained my attention

I f-ing hate songs that blatantly just leap into a singalong chorus without any foreplay

2 Likes

Pet Sounds bruv! It’s a really dense record

2 Likes

Marvin Gaye’s ‘What’s Going On’. Just don’t get how it is regularly rated a top ten best album ever. Important themes, mainly dull music.

3 Likes

It is hard going, a bit worthy and very dull I agree

Never got Bob Dylan.

4 Likes

Neither do I but I do enjoy this track Gotta Serve Somebody - song by Bob Dylan | Spotify

2 Likes

I’m no stranger to a unique vocal sound that some can’t deal with (Neil Young, Will Oldham, Peter Ivers, Fred McDowell etc) but Tom’s has always been a voice I’ve never connected with. Same with Leonard Cohen.

1 Like

Precisely this…

‘God only knows’ i’ve tried to listen to Pets Sounds. Though, i just cant get through the full album… It’s a not you its me type thing.

1 Like

They were trying to keep the novelty/exclusivity going and play new records every weekend, but there weren’t any new records being made. So eventually the quality just got worse and worse.

1 Like

I saw BIG TIME at the cinema, when it came out, changed my life (well, everything does when you’re 17, right?). Pure artistry. You couldn’t get hold of it for decades, I think it might be on a streaming thing somewhere now
(Anyway the point is maybe that should be your point of entry)

Ok, here goes, and please don’t get too exited, I’m an old man. 90% of what gets called the Balearic/chuggers sound is completely lost on me. It just doesn’t do anything for me … Curls up in a corner for protection.

8 Likes