What don't you get

What musical “thing” that is almost universally liked, don’t you get.

For me it’s the Beastie Boys. Don’t judge me.

12 Likes

Carl Cox, Sven Vath, storytelling, organic House, Martinez brothers, most duos, daytime clubbing, chuggers for buggers, B2b, more people in dj box than on dance floors… Lots more

11 Likes

“Hard” music and the UK’s obsession with it. You know, when 88 and 89 was all lovely and then it just got stupid.

9 Likes

Sleaford Mods. I’m sorry. If I wanted to hear some ranty bloke spouting bollocks I’d hand around outside Bright House down the precinct…

15 Likes

Black sabbath (apart from planet caravan and iron man), the smiths, jazz music (theres some i don’t mind, but the majority I don’t get)

podcasts.

they’re terrible.

12 Likes

Totally with you on this. Even saw them live as a teenager, complete waste of money. They really lack everything.

1 Like

Psytrance- the worst

10 Likes

Muse…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes

a crowd wanting to hear only tunes they know at an event from start to finish

20 Likes

Play some old stuff… :rage:

2 Likes

bookmarking this “old man shouts at cloud” thread for when I feel particularly curmudgeonly

16 Likes

Apart from a couple tracks , Massive Attack, sorry totally fucking overrated :frowning:

7 Likes

I’m going to get lynched! Pet Shop Boys.

2 Likes

Gangster Rap
Business Techno
Drum & Bass/Jungle

1 Like

i’m going to join you i think…New Order,

3 Likes

Lee burridge and all that fake caravan house…

2 Likes

I just don’t really understand what you’re meant to ‘do’ while you’re listening to one. Like close your eyes or what?

1 Like

Dancing facing at the DJ. Like, it’s just a bloke (usually) playing records.

16 Likes

Yes! Totally. If I ever hear Unfinished Sympathy again it will be too f-ing soon

2 Likes