What don't you get

Joe Claussell…I’m just gonna say it. That constant isolator, and yeah I’ve seen him play out and it was just as annoying (to me)

:grimacing:

8 Likes

Agreed. I just don’t get the constant iso abuse

Discogs sellers jacking up prices to cash in on someone’s death. Zero shame…

…and Gemma Collins.

Edit: Sorry this probably belongs in the “What boils your piss” thread.

5 Likes

What also makes it irritating is you hear him play some amazing records, but he just can’t leave them alone

2 Likes

on a good night Claussell is up there with the best in the business but I agree it’s the musical equivalent off too many ‘stepovers’

9 Likes

:rofl: Perfect analogy that

1 Like

I think in the right room, with an educated crowd he can take you on a mad journey… watching him on YT or in a big room with no atmosphere and folks fiddling with their phones I can concur it gets tedious, been lucky enough to see him in his element at Body & Soul and was quite a religious experience each time, but perhaps playing B2B with two others limits the exposure and tinitus… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Maybe this change your mind
Listen to BILL BREWSTER presents McCartney’s Left by Bill Brewster on #SoundCloud

2 Likes

Grown men and women who get offended/outraged/annoyed and post their opinions on social media rallying against current pop stars like Billie Eilish, Bieber, etc.

It’s not FOR YOU, ignore it and move on.

There’s plenty of music to go around and it’s pop music made for the kids. You’ve got your Sun Ra box set and your Basinski reissues to attend to, so shut the fuck up and stop wasting time on trivial matters.

17 Likes

Been to body and soul spent an hour at the bar came back with 3 pineapple juices… No one told me… Great experience and trying to get a taxi on a freezing Sunday in February to go to centro fly I think was the follow on that night was a nightmare…

1 Like

Thanks for this. Just for the record I’ve got nothing against Paul McCartney whatsoever. It was more the irony that someone who, to be quite honest, hadn’t
achieved an awful lot beyond watching the shopping channel and chatting on facetime could hold the position that the still working, beknighted ex Beatle was ‘a waste of space’. The bit about me agreeing was tongue in cheek. :grinning:

1 Like

Hehehe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and I love the “a waste of space”. He has a few gems for sure, brilliant mix from Bill

Bane of the DJ’s existence

The Beach Boys, sounds like tinnitus to me, the harmonies… grates on me. I don’t get the shiny happy people vibe. Even the deep songs sound sugar sweet.

4 Likes

The Smiths for me…

3 Likes

John Peel; I made the point on DJH when someone effectively said ‘he played our crap record when nobody else did’ that basically, I take his kindness for weakness.

Many disagreed.

4 Likes

Time to wipe my arse in peace.

I love the og but this version took it somewhere else https://youtu.be/bMA0RysBv-w (are you on here Cookula?)

As for the smiths, love the dub of

https://youtu.be/u1tfsMVJn60

Tom Waits - but maybe I just haven’t found the right point of entry yet.

4 Likes

LazySimon

1m

I can recommend Nighhawks at the Diner. i love it but it might be considered by aficionados as Tom Waits Lite.

1 Like