What don't you get

I can’t believe there was a Diamond League athletics event this weekend while the Paralympics was still on - that is so disrespectful.

Have you heard Townes van Zandt’s version? Maybe not the definitive version, but very good.

2 Likes

I took a train journey a while ago and listened to every version. TVZ wrote it and it is a beautiful version but there is something about Emmylou’s voice that gets me every single time. Also it was the first version I heard so that probably has something to do with it :+1:

2 Likes

Agreed on Pancho & Lefty - gorgeous!

edit: damn YouTube really gotta play like that :frowning:

There is a long-running Dylan show on Resonance FM called Definitely Dylan that I find fascinating despite not being a massive fan of him at all.

3 Likes

That really is a great version. I really like the Street Legal album, not held in very high regard when it first came out I think.

1 Like

The ‘theme time radio hour’ archive is linked above
The 101 radio shows Dylan presented early 2000s each having a different unifying theme.
Even if you don’t like all the music Bob plays, some great stories told in his gravelly rasp. Real slice of beatnik edged Americana

5 Likes

I dont get why everyone dosent listen to Loren Connors
Mended Dreams w/ Claire Rousay - Loren Connors special 8th May 2023 | Listen on NTS

Is there an award for the most pretentious song title as surely this would win 2024 hands down? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::grimacing:

3 Likes

Sweet Jesus.
Up there with ‘Salmon Fishing in the Yemen’ as a puke inducing title

I wouldn’t be surprised if these titles are designed by some AI uber middle class title generation software

5 Likes

Chiswick. Just spent two hours here and I’d forgotten how much I hate the place. Nothing against West London, I lived in Shepherds Bush for years. But Chiswick is an awful place full of awful people. Literally heard a bloke talking to his two very young kids about owning shares “in a £2bn company”. Anyone who fancies a real laugh, head down to the Antiques Place in the old cinema and go to the vinyl section. No word of a lie, they are selling Lionel Richie’s solo LP, the one you see in every charity shop still to this day, for thirty quid. Copies of “Rumours” on sale for £60. Presumably people buy them? Take me back to the suburbs.

11 Likes

Sounds like Harry Enfield’s I Saw You Coming sketch

6 Likes

Kind of like this…

I saw you coming

4 Likes

snap! :grin:

3 Likes

That’s spot on!

3 Likes

Modern Wank

3 Likes

Haha, i grew up in Chiswick. It was never that bad in 1975-85.

1 Like

Not the Discogs collab I would have envisioned…had to check it wasn’t April 1st… :joy:

1 Like

Has Bjork gone full Nathan Barley?

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_-03B9tBIr/?img_index=1

4 Likes

I think Bjork is massively overrated.

Distinctive voice and interesting collaborators but vocal melodies all sound the same to me now

(Birthday rmx still stands up mind you)

3 Likes