I’m not a fan of musicians being asked to DJ and then playing a wacky experimental (trainwreck) of a set that evokes whoops and hollers from the fawning fans. Put any regular spinner on and try that shit and people would be throwing things at them in disgust.
lost interest in Bjork a long time back but am open to anything I might’ve missed in recent years. I doubt she could ever top Isobel, Venus or Hyperballad which all still sound amazing imo.
Vespertine was the creative peak for me, then it all started to sound so contrived. Maybe it always did, and it’s me who’s changed.
Post still sounds amazing to these ears though.
Why my Vinted account keeps going into French when my language settings are English ![]()
“It was sick, mate. she played an 11 hour set of one beat that contained every polyrhythm from every continent in the world and it was so deconstructed it was just one kick every drum 1 hour and 8 minutes. And she wore a Gilbert from Gilbert’s Fridge costume that effectively made her deaf and blind. Sick.”
Vespertine is a masterpeice though. Top 5 for me.
JFC.
Will almost certainly include 1 or all of these:
- twee pop song they loved as a child
- mainstream gangsta rap curveball
- Nina Simone/Billie Holliday/Ella Fitzgerald type song
- overplayed 80s pop banger
The comments make me feel like the people who hate her are the real villains here…
You’ve just described one of my very serious Spiritland sets ![]()
Hey, do your thing- im not judging!
Hard to pull off but great when its done well!
I helped a mate this afternoon who was hired to do some cool street food
at Day 2 of some local guys wedding. Fck me what a bunch of W#nkEr$ were at this…![]()
Car thieving twats. My youngests was robbed from outside her place in Birmingham overnight. Really fucking annoying.
I was at that Bjork Glasto mud show, 2007 maybe I think? On the Volta tour, was incredible. Also went to the APE show and it wasn’t as good, but was nice to hear her do Human Behaviour.
That man is carved out of grade A Amazon basin product, it’s amazing he’s still going! I DJed with him once and he was a lovely fella and very generous ….
He played at the huge Pharcyde raves in Cape Town back in the day and was superb. Was very popular in South Africa, looking cool as fuck didn’t hurt. Never met him but everyone said he was lovely.
I saw Jeremy play only two weeks ago at The Cross basement. It was absolutely mobbed- a proper sweatbox- but not my cup of tea.
I can confirm that he is a very decent bloke- both good natured and pretty self aware…
American football/gridiron - more stoppage time than gametime. It seems a ridiculous game. Don’t get me started on the padding. Somebody please change my mind!