What don't you get

The Flamboyant mix of Strings of Life still slaps imo.

All of the mixes that came after (DK etc) just polished the shit out of it and removed all the raw energy that the original mixes had.

1 Like

Throw though? Still love the shit out of it.

I remember Rampling caning it on his show with the acapella of aunt josie the plumber over the top.

“Where ya goin? That’s right I’m talkin to you! Don’t make like you don’t hear meeee!”

Think Pascals Bongo Massive used it to great effect too.

3 Likes

I have this memory of him playing it over throw, took me years to ID the accapella
(Might even be on hear)

1 Like

yeah, carl craig - the genius years

1 Like

AL - Cut to the Bone mix shows you what a great piece it is, overplayed but amazing

CW - Does anyone else call it ‘Gypo Woman’ ( or just me)

1 Like

Oh god yeah. All that early BFC, Psyche, Paperclip People, Planet e stuff completely blew me away.

5 Likes

Also in this…

2 Likes

69 ‘Desire’ is the one that floors me each time. I wouldn’t want to hear it at some festival though. It’s custom designed for sweaty dark rooms

5 Likes

Oh absolutely. Perfect setting for it. That whole ‘Sound of Music’ album was total :fire:.

Loved Microlovr.

3 Likes

One of my all time favourite dance records that I’ll never tire of. It was even one of the records I chose to be played at the afters of my wedding, much to the bemusement of most of the people there.

5 Likes
  • Vibration: Despite whatever #goodvibes your records give off, their structural integrity can be compromised by strong vibrations. Keep your records a reasonable distance from speakers, washers and dryers, and stampedes of wild stallions.

How to Store Vinyl Records | Discogs Digs

Follow me is awful. Agreed

Can’t stand the vocal, plus I don’t like being told what to do

7 Likes

:rofl: Not even when you’re being taken to a place where we can all be free?

6 Likes

Ha no.

Plus it’s not freedom if it’s an autocracy!

I think the best of the social commentary house tracks is Bird in a Gilded Cage/ Jungle Wonz.

Things like Promised Land, Aly-us etc lack subtlety in comparison and as mentioned earlier as a result sound trite

3 Likes

this thread took a turn

8 Likes

apologies in advance.

years ago we were drunk in some club, i don’t even remember who was playing but yep, “follow me” was played. my friend at the time did a credible singalong imitation of it but sang “swallow pee” instead, and now that’s the only way i hear it.

4 Likes

Desire just grabs you by the feels and twists the knife mercilessly. Absolutely amazing tune. That entire E.P. is amazing. My Machines, so out there! :fist:

3 Likes

yeah they’re a hindrance… I always remove the records from the box and just have them on the shelves in disco sleeves…

I have an uncle who is a bit bonkers - he insisted for years that Prince’s “Little Red Corvette” is actually sung “Livin’ Correct” and he’s not joking around. As kids we thought he was right when he’d sing along in the car. :grimacing: :laughing:

4 Likes

My uncle wouldn’t let us listen to the song “Total Control” by the Motels when we were kids because he was convinced that the lyrics “stay in bed, stay in sheets” was “stained bed, stained sheets”.

2 Likes