What don't you get

Daft Punk

7 Likes

Controversial one to post today, but somewhat agree, crackingly good singles but albums are hard to listen to as a complete piece. Bought homework listened quite a bit and don’t think I’ve touched it again in 20 years. Same with Discovery and then decided to save my money

1 Like

In hindsight Da Funk used blow the roof off when it came out :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes, I’m the same, it’s almost a taboo thing to think though. Sssssshhhhh…

1 Like

largely agree, except ‘waiting in vain’ is gorgeous though

1 Like

Guys in shitty, obnoxious modified cars that insist on accelerating really fast over very short distances between themselves and the car in front and who also love weaving in and out of traffic at speed like they’ve got somewhere important to be (they don’t).

5 Likes

Same - I get it, the early days and Roulette label stuff was bangin’, but overall they were commercial disco with helmets.

6 Likes

Even worse when they have ‘All around the world’ blaring out :joy:

1 Like

Pretty. much all contemporary Hip Hop/Pop, boring beats, boring vocals, I couldn’t possibly give a shit - sounds like they don’t either.

Japanese “citypop” - there are plenty of great examples but as soon as it loses any semblance of funk/soul/groove, I’m out. Some of this stuff sounds like the closing credits to an 80’s anime and I don’t mean that in a good way. At its best it’s just solid jazz/funk/disco/pop, at its worst it’s soulless, grooveless. I see people collecting this stuff as if it’s the best thing since sliced bread, then I hear their DJ sets and I’m like “really? THAT’S what you just paid $200 for?”. Collektorskum doo-doo.

Algorithim/AI-created music. What’s the Fn point?

Fey/sad indie young person with guitar music. All sounds the same, the vocals are all sicklysweet and with the same affectations and the tunes are Imagine Dragons levels of pablum. Gross.

3 Likes

The emergence of younger people discovering city pop while being ignorant of 80s Rnb bothers me

3 Likes

I know right, I don’t remember anyone anywhere saying ‘Can’t wait for next Daft Punk lp to drop, they are bangin/fyre/lit etc’

1 Like

I mean I don’t hate them but still…

Talking of Hip Hop… Rappers when performing live- why are you shouting? That thing in your hand is a microphone, it means you don’t have to shout, and the reason people like you is your flow which doesn’t exist when you’re shouting.

1 Like

Hill walking
Peoples obsession with cheese
IPA
Lycra clad cyclists
Snapchat
Vinyl records
Gin and Tonic
People looking down on those that clap when the plane lands
Voting conservative
Collecting stuff
Expensive cabling
Bus drivers attitude
Entering raffles with the chance of being able to buy a pair of trainers
Written reviews of music

2 Likes

Whoops. I just saw the thread title and spewed out a list of things that I don’t get/like!

3 Likes

Yep. There seem to be more of them during lockdown. Saw a guy driving a yellow Lamborghini at what looked like about 80mph through my residential bit of Brighton the other day. Mate, no-one’s impressed.

1 Like

i don’t get why anyone would drive anywhere if they could afford not to. taxis/driver/train and the pub always, surely?

6 Likes

I hear you!

1 Like

With you on that. Love a clap if possible.

1 Like

clapping a plane land is as daft as clapping a sunset

6 Likes