What don't you get

saw him clear the room at Southport in about 20 minutes… dreadful, over the top EQing (see Joe Clausell)

1 Like

Yes. Great selections and ability to put a set together. But SO MUCH EQ.

1 Like

the whole 7" thing in hip hop/funk… so, you want to pay 10 times as much for less music and no alternative versions. okaaaaay.

3 Likes

Possibly an easy target but Mark Ronson. I thought The Zutons Valerie was such a good, understated song and he turned it into a slab of stodgy white Soulless Karaoke Soul… (Not withstanding Amy’s vocal)

4 Likes

7” in general- especially now they’re more expensive than some 12s. Shorter versions- less versions. More likely to loose!

3 Likes

Yep, the whole “you have to have it on a 7” mentality. Another bit of poison that came from the NS scene.

2 Likes

If I started posting all the shit I don’t get it would crash the server.

10 Likes

I always thought the tragedy with Amy was that she died before she could make the music she could have made, those obvious pastiche pieces she built her career on are just retro cosplay. She had a great voice and was an excellent interpreter of song and feeling but imagine if she had had something decent to work with.

7 Likes

Totally agree

Clear vinyl. Bugger to drop the needle on the track i want.

Clear vinyl, clearly for marketing gimmick.

10 Likes

new 12"s being sold at £15+… profiteering is not cool.

8 Likes

Those 12”s that are single sided pressings but have got three tracks on the pressed side.

The Japanese Edit & Dub label I’m looking at you!

Maybe I’m missing something? Surely you’d press both sides if you had three tracks?

7 Likes

Jack Johnson. He’s utterly dreadful.

4 Likes

playing devil’s avocado a bit here…. no-one selling £15 12 inches is really making much money. the majority of new releases probably sell about 300 copies, plenty don’t even do that.

I agree, it’s a lot of money to pay for a record, but its a sad indication of how tough it is out there to release vinyl and not lose cash.

3 Likes

DJ Harvey, I really must be missing something. Been hearing his sets from late 90’s on and have friends that love/adore him with a passion, but his stuff is 90% not for me at all.

2 Likes
4 Likes

So you’ve never had group sex on ecstasy then?

8 Likes

Ha ha, no

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

I keep it to myself mainly, but I really don’t need to hear Bob Marley again

7 Likes