What don't you get

Mmm…not sure. I insist my kids clap whenever I drop them anywhere. Like outside the car as i drive off.:joy:

7 Likes

I love a good clap

1 Like

The Clash. Other than a few tracks I just never saw the fuss, way better punk bands out there and I could never warm to Strummer.

Daft Punk. Apart from Rolling & Scratching and their Chord Memory remix.

Balearic in general but Ibiza overall.

Festivals.

1 Like

When was the last time you went to a festival? I hated festivals from childhood, but was booked to play a tonne of them the last few years. Clean toilets, “glamping” with plugs and blow up beds, pulled pork every five yards, craft beers, nice coffee spots.

It was a very different experience for me, it was like that Adam Buxton song.

:smiley: Literally everything in your response is the reason I loathe festivals. It’s the gentrification of everything.

Plus I think they are largely responsible for people facing the DJ.

5 Likes

LinkedIn, Linkedin, Linkin… whatever the crap it’s called. Full of egotistical, narcissists, like a ‘Jeans and Shooz*’ departure lounge for Dubai…

*Never knew that was a thing either till I came on here.

So that too…

2 Likes

Joe Clausell (I mean, come on)
John Morales Mixes (They don’t breathe, to the max at all times)
Sneaker collectors
Cork slipmats
People paying top $ for styrene 45s

1 Like

there’s official festivals inc and then there’s proper festivals though… when you’re with 300 kindred spirits in a remote field and all the ingredients are right, leading congas to harry thurmann’s underwater, eating one pie all weekend, flirting with someone from Hemel Hempstead in fairy wings on a haystack you do find yourself thinking life can never really get any better

13 Likes

Like Facebook I have always avoided joining it. Putting regular updates on there regarding what you have achieved at work takes it up
Another level.

1 Like

People who don’t listen to new music

10 Likes

I just remembered something I don’t get:

Fuckin obi strips and the obsession people have with them. I toss em out as soon as I get ‘em. Same goes for old shrinkwrap.

3 Likes

Yes! I’ve never got obi strips for records you want to actually handle and play. They never last long.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know what they are. But I see it alongside 'free download ’ when you buy vinyl… Why do I want a download of a record I just bought?

3 Likes

Obi Strips are the straps of paper that are often around books and rekkids… usually some twatty designer thinks they look cool (never did one ever honest), no practical use whatsoever, lots of Japanese books have them, hence the name which comes from the ‘obi’ that wraps around a Kimono.

iu-1

3 Likes

The one good thing about obi strips is sometimes you can catch a good copy of a rare record for cheap because of a damaged or missing obi. Talk about fetishized record collecting vs collecting for the sake of music…

3 Likes

I hate them, they do look cool if you have a nice clean one on a record but they are such a pain in the ass to take care of and try no to rip. Ive damaged a few in my time. And modern non-japanese records with them on just do my head in.

1 Like

Smoove and Turrell - kings of beige

4 Likes

Out here on the West Coast, we call that stuff 'Playa House" due to its favored status amongst the Burning Man crew.

1 Like

Autotune

2 Likes

Scotch eggs

3 Likes