What don't you get

Celebrity Linkedin

6 Likes

Linkedin, full stop

11 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

Senior sandwich artist and drinks curator!

2 Likes

Anything with Michael McIntyre in it. If I saw him out, I’d lamp the twat.

*I wouldn’t, I’d most likely stare intently and quietly seethe somewhere in a dark corner.

9 Likes

So brave

https://mobile.twitter.com/BestofLinkedin

2 Likes

He’s the epitome of smug, safe, middle class, Daily Mail reading, Tory voting, middle England.
Can’t stand the tw@t

4 Likes
5 Likes

per diems on work trips are all about finding somewhere that serves food an booze and will offer you a non-itemised receipt so you can spend it all on booze… or was that just me?

7 Likes

Jesus, what an absolute wand. If I’m staying away on business, then I’m rinsing the expense account for all it’s worth.

10 Likes

I hope he was fired after the hotel charged him $$$$ for f****** up their nice coffee maker with his raw poultry and garlic.

8 Likes

no way he actually ate that imo, likelihood of it actually cooking it properly is slim (or would take hours)
looks like the standard ‘didnt happen’ clout chasing rubbish LinkedIn has become renowned for .

3 Likes

DJs with a frankly astounding lack of self awareness.

Some lads I know are doing a friday night at a high st bar in the 'burbs, which usually just has your standard chart/80s/dance anthems fodder. They will be playing “proper” house all night long.
I have no idea why you would do this to yourself voluntarily.

1 Like

On paper it looks like a suicide mission (and the Harold Heath book captures that sobering experience very well) but sometimes you do get amazing nights in the unlikeliest places. Who knew that people would travel to Todmodern from far and wide? Or that the likes of Carl Craig would play in converted libraries in Dundee? I think it’s good that local promoters take risks, o’wise how will the high street ever know that this music exists? And how would the kids ever find out about parties as a DIY pursuit beyond the corporate festie parameters? It may well flop but good luck to em

12 Likes

Lob in some correct techno and it will be all good

this a good point, and I like the sentiment of it but in this specific case I cant see 4 hours of generic soulful house inspiring the kids of the home counties to dig into the works of Ralf Gum and Kenny Bobien

I should’ve mentioned that the people in question have been around long enough to know better.I guess they’re nothing if not persistent.

I’m guessing it’s not compulsory to attend? Or is the only venue in town? :joy: :+1:

1 Like

we aren’t exactly spoiled for choice out here tbh !
guess I’m just looking at it from a cynical middle aged point of view, but also as someone who never liked rocking up to play music that doesn’t fit with the crowd/venue

TV talk shows. A selection of “celebrities” giving scripted answers to prior approved questions, while the “guests” pretend they are best mates and interested in everybody else on the couch while pushing their latest film/TV/music offering. The Graham Norton and Jonathan Ross trailers alone make me want to boot the telly across the room.
When you see clips of Parkinson from the 70’s, you see how far the genre has fallen.

7 Likes

I far prefer the old 70s ones from the US with the likes of Tom Snyder or Dick Cavett interviewing some chainsmoking star who hasn’t slept.

More recently been watching a few of the Diary of a CEO series which seems to point to a whole new style of interviews more akin to therapy sessions - the ones with Chris Kamara and Davina felt pretty raw and authentic.

2 Likes