What don't you get

Never had those. Plenty of Laughing Bhuddas, Purple Ohms, Microdots and White Lightnings!

1 Like

Had some in Oz with a 3rd eye symbol supposedly from SF, they were great.

1 Like

props to the boomkat copywriter, I’ve done a couple of blind buys based on text… hahaha. I’m not adverse to apocalyptic alien dancehall Borg step, but please at least say all the tracks are only 2mins🤣

5 Likes

how is it impossible to dance to? If jungle is impossible to dance to, then you will struggle even more with Macedonian brass band.

conversely I have no idea how one can dance to all the trancey house and techno in vogue today. Wack a load of arpeggios over a 4/4 beat and a moroder bass. no jack, nothing. I sometimes wonder how much drugs one needs to take to see Jane Fitz in her trancey mode. what do you do, jump on the spot?

2 Likes

i believe the real skill is dancing to it whilst also filming it

3 Likes

I love this, but what does this mean? Is that the next logical step when you are trying out dance moves? Jungle, then Macedonian Brass Band music? What’s next in the list? Can i please see this list?

2 Likes

can be done in Eastern Turkey for sure.

hindustani classical 2/16 tabla teentals. proto breakcore!

2 Likes

Always a good read. Matey knows his shit!

1 Like

:joy:

You’ve started a new movement there! I’m in.

1 Like

Try being on the ass end of the planet and paying that GBP price, plus XE to NZ dollars, plus shipping, which funnily enough is basically the same price as the vinyl itself.

1 Like

as one of these wankers with a rotary and digital media players, tbh i just like the simplicity of the mixer because what i dont need is even more fucking buttons and leds. Serious button anxiety using pioneer mixers.

8 Likes

I hear ya brother, preach !

“Reviving” a classic old label just to release music on it that has nothing to do with the original brief. Fucking stinks of Defected. Not House at all.

6 Likes

Game shows. Roy Walker gets a pass though.

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t get this one at all. Seems like someone just liked the name Nu Groove and is trying to, as you say, rerwrite the ethos behind the label. The Classic stuff as well but Luke Solomon is involved in Defected so that one hits a little closer to the mark.

1 Like

Award ceremonies. Rubbish.

9 Likes