What don't you get

The CDJ and high end rotary mixer set up- does it really make any difference to the sound quality of digital files vs vinyl?? Also looks abit daft

4 Likes

When the reissue costs more than an original copy.

“But it’s got a poster and some pictures”

Blergh.

6 Likes

I don’t know about the looks of it but there’s no point in an all analog hi-fi set up for digital files. Personally i prefer to mix on a rotary mixer but don’t have one at home. Lots of the cheaper rotary mixers aren’t hi-fi and does not improve the sound whatever format.

1 Like

Late 90’s to mid 2000’s I was the same with ahem Space ‘Dust’ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Piss off Juno! Really?

1 Like

Is that serious? Am I missing the joke?

2 Likes

Audiophile version.

1 Like

Its gone up!! Now £32.99 on phonica

1 Like

Seems ridiculous. Looking at the label it sort of suggests that there might be only 22 of them - 22/22 in the image in a kind of handwritten style. Marketing at its worst?
Juno had 6 in stock and have sold 1 since yesterday. Nothing on Discogs.
The blurb says that there’ll be house and a live disco mix released later this year. God only knows the price they’ll be if they’re charging by the minute!

I think i’ll pass on this.

A typo maybe? Same as their listing on Discogs though while other copies are sub £100.
The world’s gone mad I tell yer! :joy:

1 Like

Having looked on Instagram it seems that there were originally 22 copies back in August 2022. This looks like a reissue as 2.2. Clever stuff.

My mum used to say ‘if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all’,
So i’m not going to say owt.

https://instagram.com/amillionsons?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edit. Ok final word, just listened to the soundclip on Juno. Really bad surface noise throughout. I mean like Burial levels…:joy:

1 Like

as you say the rougher (or ruffer) element was always there, and tbf excessively happy clappy clubs can be their own kind of obnoxious. But why not as much experimentation and freedom?

An increase in petty-bourgeois nationalism (er, sorry, soft patriotism and civic pride.)

Ecstasy as used by the acid house and rave generation was ultimately the Tony Blair of psychedelics.

You can’t just drop that Tony Blair line and leave it there. I’m intrigued. Tell us more.

2 Likes

i mean ecstasy is boxed pleasure. It’s not like taking acid which can actually be quite fucked up, even when taking the appropriate precautions. Part of why the MDMA magic fades so quickly is because it’s one note. Someone was once telling me why on earth would they want to take E to make small talk with strangers and I looked at them and said, you often don’t need to do that, and can easily control it. People love to hyperexagerrate melting into this mushy love bomb.

Just imagine taking acid at fabric or at Ministry. No? thought not, the prospect sounds dreadfully unenticing and a recipe for absolute disaster.

What I contend would be interesting, would be to have a rave where most people are sober, but without any temperance freak/religious baggage. . Pure gnostic materialism and the domination of the senses!

1 Like

Interesting. I don’t disagree. Still not sure where Tony Blair comes into it.

Tbh it was such a brilliant line about E being the Tony Blair of psychedelics that I selfishly wanted the background for when I throw it into the conversation during the Chisel course at an Islington dinner party.

8 Likes

Now that’s a tough meal!

1 Like

When I lived in Japan the majority were sober raving, buying juice from the bar and getting absolutely lost in the music. Found it allowed the DJs to slow the tempo and vibe. Tenaglia at Precious Hall was 10 hours of bliss and he didn’t go over 115bpm. Nori at The Loop as well.

7 Likes

Thank god dry January is over :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Acid at MoS was pretty bloody good tbh. And shrooms. Never been to Fabric so can’t comment.

1 Like

Did acid at Sterns. Purple Ohm, after a heavy night of pills and no sleep before. Thought the whole dancefloor was fighting and literally didn’t know what or who I was the whole night. Last time I ever did acid.

3 Likes