What don't you get

DJs who absolutely bang it during the warm up. Played a gig last night and was on after a guy who is fairly known in the area and I wasn’t even the main set and he absolutely banged it out like it was peak Berghain. No respect for the night at all.

10 Likes

We don’t live in London but try to get down for a few days every year with family. We’ve seen the development at various stages over the last 7 years or so and was looking forward to seeing it finished - although I feared it may turn out like you said. Surely there’s only so much shopping people can do? I also had a look at the price of studio apartment there, :hushed:, crazy but then again everything is!

1 Like

It’s the most irritating and pointless habit of warm up DJ’s. I always make a point of coming in with something very slow and very beautiful to really make a punctuation in the evening when following the early slammers. Also good to leave a couple of seconds gap between their last beat and your first lovely wash intro. But then I am a bit of an old shit head.

8 Likes

DJs who get angry about crossfaders being used, being included on mixers, or being activated in the club. Admittedly i have scuppered more than a few following djs by leaving the crossfader over to one side and they’ve tried to play a song and not figured out why there is no sound, but this attitude of “i only use these things on the mixer and everything else on there infuriates me!” Crossfaders are cool.

Also when people talk in real life as if they are on twitter with each other

“Cool how there’s 5 mustards in the fridge, but none for my sandwich, cool. normal world.”

“Erm… it’s almost like those are my dipping mustards and not for sandwiches? But go off”

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I do. The other night it was out of a Daniel Avery record - and it was a disco night - and then I played Alexx-a-game - braver (swing ting edit) just to give the dancefloor a bit of a bath.

2 Likes

I never got why anyone bought those hideous Yeezy trainers anyway… How anyone would want to give money to Kanye now is completely beyond me.

8 Likes

Talking of hidious foot wear…

I don’t think I’ve ever given a shit about what the person on before me played, unless it was a really well crafted and considered set, then and only then will I be conscious of matching an energy. Any previous throbbers who couldn’t read the room get left behind in a cloud of smoke and slower bpms!

3 Likes

James Corden. Good to see that useless twat getting his come uppance.

Can’t remember where it was posted now and I may have got some of the detail wrong, but there was a post somewhere asking for opinions on who James should do Carpool Karaoke with next. Some genius replied ‘Thelma & Louise’ :rofl:.

19 Likes

Classic, made me spit out my tea. Still people call me ‘Gavlar’ thinking it’s hilarious… :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah bet that’s annoying. cringe.

I was called “Christophe Lambie Pie” for a while thanks to Chris Evans.

2 Likes

…they get more annoyed when I tell them I’ve never seen a single episode.

1 Like

You’re not missing anything lol.

1 Like

that tune just needs to be played everywhere all the time​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Michael Bibi

3 Likes

Lol I’ve seen him on SM… That hair cut is next level Edgar

1 Like

Taskmaster

4 Likes

Mr Scruff, Thievery Corporation, Lamb or any of that 00’s Big Chill noncery

2 Likes

Ooh, controversial. Scruff is a great dj and not a popular view but, i think Lamb are better than Portishead.

2 Likes

I still get that :rofl:

2 Likes