What don't you get

Yeah, Hardedge… My mate Steve used to put that on… i only went occasionally though.

Probably because I thought it was crap. Everybody was dancing really fast. Almost skipping in fact. It wasn’t the best night out I have had ha.

The odd tune here and there since the late 90s has occasionally grabbed me but a whole night of it continues to fill me with dread.

1 Like

I don’t DJ but I’m sure 80 people in the dj booth must be a nightmare… :thinking:

2 Likes

8 people in the dj booth is a nightmare!

a long time ago there was a building that a couple of friends were trying to secure to turn into a nightclub and the area that was GOING to be the dj booth was awesomely large. had it’s own bathroom. you could have set up the world’s most comprehensive console and still had room for a few couches and a kitchenette. enough space to get on the floor and wrestle, if the mood suited you.

i decided that would equally be the best and worst dj booth ever - super comfortable, but you knew it was basically going to become an awful default VIP section. it might have been big enough to hold 80 people comfortably.

3 Likes

A whole night of any one genre fills me with dread these days tbh.

6 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I’ve never seen Dixon nor wanted to, but this is nothing like what I thought he played. Might check out more of his mixes now.

1 Like

I dont think he does play anything like this now. This is mid 00’s Dixon

Its all melodic house and big room scenes now

3 Likes

and loud shirts

“Alexa, what does melodic techno look like?”

7 Likes

Those strides… :laughing:

7 Likes

TP need a Melts & Whoppers thread? :joy:

9 Likes

I still chuckle to myself every now and again about the Jungle Vest :joy:

Tried to find the picture but no joy.

Do it!

Can we start with this pair?

5 Likes

Hi End Tech

ha! done!

1 Like

You just know that Liz Truss was desperate to quote her hero…

Oh well :joy:

2 Likes

Battersea Power Station. Went for a look round at the weekend. We didn’t explore every inch of it due to the thousands of other curious wanderers but generally felt like we were strolling around an oversized Westfield. Was expecting a lot more especially given the time and expense invested. It’s spectacularly grand and well considered (apart from the terrible buildings surrounding it) but I couldn’t see past the endless displays of luxury goods and the clientele that comes with them. Feels like they succumbed to commercial pressure. A missed opportunity.

At least Coal Drops Yard has a degree of an edge to it with smaller, independent outlets and I know museums are a different beast altogether but Tate Modern is in a different league.

7 Likes