What don't you get

Coming to a boiler room set soon - mine and my sons fav trance banger

3 Likes

Pikes have a pretty dodgy track record with DJ bookings to be fair. Fatboy Slim, Carl Cox etc. A lot of the nights they have on are pretty shite I think. Obvious few aside. Sven Vath usually does his ‘small club’ thingzzzz at the Underground but maybe they weren’t keen on the crowd it pulled. They always surprised me when they had crap on like him. They deffo keep it underground in a minimal sense. Apart from the Tini night which is by far the most commercial and also the busiest of course.

What’s the old classic Dixon mix from 15+ yrs ago? I have it somewhere it might be RA mix…it was a breath of fresh air back then.

Found the tracklist, can’t find a link to the mix. I knew it was 15 years ago as my Mrs had it on non stop when she was pregnant with our youngest :green_heart:

Found it
https://youtu.be/Kh9aLLpYvEg

3 Likes

I always really liked this one:

2 Likes

I remember Ame playing Moving Like A Train at Back to Basics one particularly messy night. Sounded amazing at the time

2 Likes

Our Irish friends in Miami gave Dixon his first US date, it was a kind of off sonar type gig when Diddy and the blingers took over the Winter music conference… He played at a Denny’s in little Havana near Churchills bar

2 Likes

A bloke I knew many moons ago in Manchester promoted a very good but sadly short lived night where he just booked one DJ to play for 8 or so hours and he had Dixon play just before he became better known (and as much about his shirts than his music). He was pretty good although be did play a few trancers about 3am! Pitched down though so didn’t scare too many off the dancefloor.

1 Like

The short lived I am nights?

To be fair I would still go and listen to him and Ame in the right place with the right amount of MDMA. They do what they do very well. I miss the old Henrik Schwarz (live) nights too, attending many of those over the years, he has made some fantastic music. Usually with the above DJ’s also on the bill. As much as I didn’t like the general layout and vibe of Space they did some good night’s down there. Enjoyed the ones at Pacha too.

1 Like

Yes indeed. Did you attend?

1 Like

I didn’t but a few friends did for one of the nights, can’t think who was playing but solomun for some reason popped into my head. :thinking:

2 Likes

Not sure who the others were (hopefully not Solomun ha), MCDE may have been one and then there was the Detroit, New York, Chicago one he put on with three different rooms. My memory deceives me a bit tonight but Danny Krivit was in the New York room which is where I spent most of the night. In fact I did the promo mix for this night. I will have to see if I can find it.

1 Like

I think it was solomun, he played around the same time here in a late bar and it was brilliant, nothing like the stuff now. I’ll confirm it tomorrow. Did Harri from sub club do a night?

1 Like

Never really taken much notice of Solomun so didn’t realise he was once decent. I went to hear DJ Koze a few years back in Ibiza and to my delight Solomun who was on after was delayed by 3 hours so got an extended Koze set. I heard the first hour or so of Solomun and have to say it was the worse DJ set I have heard I think. He would loop drum rolls into every single record and stand there with his arms in the air with about 30 absolute goons in the DJ box with him whooping and cheering. Absolutely horrendous. Yep I think Harri was one, didn’t make that one though. It wasn’t an I Am night but he also put Theo Parrish on and it was the best I have heard him play to date. He even played Chemistry I’m sure just for me ha. Unfortunately it was followed by a Crazy P DJ set which was so flat after Theo. Not good programming on that one, may have worked before him!? I chatted to Theo Parrish after, a very nice bloke to boot.

2 Likes

One of my favourite mixes

1 Like

Henrick was always the one for me tbh. That DJ Kicks he did was and is incredible.

Faith booked Dixon for less than a bag when he played for them at Neighborhood bitd.

5 Likes

Indeed Henrik was something special. Not listened to anything he has done in the last few years so not sure which direction he has taken. Yep remember Faith booking him. Dixon and Ame posted on the forum from time to time I recall…

1 Like

Was that Cutloose?

1 Like