What don't you get

Think it’s mostly because I like where the vocal is sampled from and that it’s got the subtlety of a doctor performing a colonoscopy with a studded glove.

2 Likes

That’s him all over though. Always gives me the vibe he thinks he’s the first person to have ever heard some tunes…

why has nobody made a whole track out of the last minute of Voyage - Souvenirs?

1 Like

Did think that was a bit snide tbh

I’m sure Danny will tell you where it is if you ask him :rofl:

2 Likes

Trance. Seems it’s popular again. I actually ubsubbed from Young Marcos insta in disgust.

5 Likes

Yeah they are all at it now, as for the edits and remixes of classic it’s just wrong. Playing the original as a curve ball I’m ok with. Always been a fan of Young Marco and he played a few memorable gigs here in Ireland… I love hearing Stella and plastic dreams during a long set, as for trance bangers I can’t think of any that would put a smile on my face other than Odyssey to Anyoona slowed down the way Garnier used to play it and Love simulation…

6 Likes

Next… Hardbag revival. Jeremy Healy and Brandon Block booked to play the next Dekmantel Selectors.

8 Likes

I would actually probably really enjoy that to be honest.

The explosion of commercial trance happened when I was starting high school so I was exactly the right age for it to be my gateway into being properly into dance music, and even the stuff that I wasn’t listening to at the time feels very nostalgic for how of-its-time it all sounds. I imagine this is part of the reason it’s so big just now, alongside the cheapness of the records.

3 Likes

I’m into some of the proggy stuff but if we’re getting into late 90s Gatecrasher trancers then count me out

If musical trends really do go in 20 year cycles then we cant be far away from an electroclash revival :flushed:

5 Likes

Shoot me now.

2 Likes

Just in time to bring down Jockey Slut/Disco Pogo all over again!

3 Likes

Excellent! I’ve got a ton of Ed banger and kitsune records ready and waiting from when I was a teenager

5 Likes

Yep, I loved some of the early prog stuff like Guerilla Records until it went all hands in the air breakdowns.

3 Likes

Why are some reissue labels releasing the SAME record more or less at the same time.

It happens quite a lot. Surely, it’s the simple fact that there’s a lot of reissue labels doing similar things and for whoever is licensing them, it’s not in their interests to turn down a label or inform them that another label has recently licensed it. Also, it’s possible that licensing of a particular record is done through different channels so it’s possible that whoever is granting the licence is unaware of the other reissue.

As a customer it’s no biggie. Just buy the superior product. Or the cheaper one. Or the legit one. Or whatever.

Because too many people in this business are too much in to the same thing at the same time. And seriously a reissue of this record is a few years late. I’m thinking what drives this whole reissue industry is claiming records rather than making stuff available. What edits was 10 years ago and DJ-mixes 20 years ago.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s a territory thing ie you do North America, we’ll do Europe etc but both of these labels are North American so it could be like what Shadow did a few years before his passing and just say yes to everybody who enquired. The Dark Entries is louder if you’re struggling to make a decision.

They’ve been sneaking it in for a while now but it’s driven by Dutch DJs and crowds who never let it go.

Has it really gone away? Dixon, Ame, Mano Le Tough etc are essentially trance DJ’s just repackaged as melodic or man trance ha. Obviously Dixon and Ame flirted very well with house music for a while but they have soon returned to their roots (€€€)

3 Likes