What do your kids listen to?

gotcha. never heard of him. i do like the name though. more rappers should name themselves names like “ron” or “cheryl”. proper parent names.

1 Like

I don’t think I have ever heard him but my neighbour who is 50+ said he is really good, his son is a big fan.

Thought this was ‘Dave’??

Rodney_Trotter

4 Likes

He’s Dave (403) on Discogs (there’s a lot of other Daves!)

Like the Four Tet mix on this one:

And there’s me thinking you were on about Little Dickie. Mildly amusing series I thought, well I watched it.

2 Likes

Love that series, watched it when I had COVID

1 Like

So far today, heard eminating from the 14 year old’s bedroom - The Smiths, Imagination, Lorde and he’s currently blasting a bit if Roy Ayes. There’s hope for him yet…

7 Likes

My 8 year old has really taken to soul records.

Loves Amber Mark, The Sacred Souls, records on Colemine and Karma Chief and is basically treating Gorillaz like I did Public Enemy back in the day but instead of trying to hunt down the samples he’s checking out the guests and producers. Caught him. Listening to Twilite Tone the other day because he produced Humanz I think. None of his friends are into music yet so I am sure when they all find their thing this will change but for now I’ll bask in the glory of hearing “Siri, play…”. And, no, there’s no way I’m telling him I have a lot of this on vinyl because I’m still kidding myself that they’re investments in their future.

1 Like