Tunes you've been looking for for ages

Do it into your phone then upload it soundcloud.

2 Likes

ha ha… maybe

2 Likes

Literally just got a Google ad on You Tube for this exact thing. Hum the tune into Google and it will search it. No idea how well it actually works but might be worth a go.

1 Like

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/consumer-electronics/portable-devices/google-hum.amp.html

Two records - a track that Mr Scruff played at The Med Bar in Birmingham circa 2006, it used the vocal of Jackson 5 - Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) throughout. ‘let’s dance, let’s shout, shake your body down to the ground’ over and over again. It felt a long record at the time but was very groovy. I have accepted I’ll never find it.

A decent pressing of Gun Morgan on Eboni Records, all of the ones for sale on the net are very poor and I’d accept a VG+. It’s purely for this record ‘Atany’ which is hidden on the B-side. Those horn stabs…phwoar. I think the lack of quality pressings is due to it being pressed in the Ivory Coast.

https://youtu.be/aPTZOZDfCvk

1 Like

There is a french pressing of the Gun Morgan album too. I bought a well playing vg copy in december for 15 euro, nice deal!

Random stab in the dark

2 Likes

I’ve been after that too, for the longest time.

1 Like

It’s on Zero 7s Anotherlatenight if that helps!

Nay, but thank you x

Lindstrom track I haven’t heard in about 15 years that had a really confusing title as an English speaker, so I never recalled it to memory. It’s nowhere on YouTube, juno, or discogs. I still think it’s easily by and large the best space disco song I’ve ever heard. It’s a strictly headphones track that probably came out in the early 00s and I wanna hear it so bad I’d probably give birth just to show my newborn

Also, an electro/techno track called Cream by someone like “fredrico” and I think the last name started with an f too…

Doesn’t use the actual Jacksons vocal but could be Eboni Band - Sing A Happy Song(Shake It On Down) - YouTube

Either way i’m after a copy of that if anyone has one going spare.

Same label as Gun Morgan, so could very well be it.

1 Like

I remember an amazing mash-up of “Cream” with Modeselektor’s “Kill Bill” doing the rounds when it was fresh.

Not sure is quite the right thread … but years ago a friend played me a Guns N’ Roses tune with a long funk section at the end. I’m no fan of metal (at all) nor the band much, but I remember this having a proper groove to it. I’ve no idea which song, save to say that the first half of it was standard metal, wailing guitars; Axel screeching and all that, but the second half (a fairly long section, possibly four/five minutes long) was proper funk.

I was stoned at the time so my memory may be defective, but I’ve long wondered which one it was.

Any insight much appreciated.

Here’s one: it goes “everybody has a circle, going round and round. So come on come on there’s a circle inside of you.” Where are you…

It’s this one

6 Likes

BedfordBass!!!Thank you…30 years of waiting :rofl:…so appreciated…youve mad some old ravers happy tonight…might have some others coming your way :rofl::+1:

5 Likes