Tunes you've been looking for for ages

Tried to find this ages ago, never found out what it was and completely forgot about it and came across it today, bit late to the party I’m sure. Spring in a box! :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower:

1 Like

I spent years iding this, big tune from my raving days. Had to get a bootleg in the end. Over 20 years.

There’s this song I heard years ago, can’t even remember where, but it’s a faster space disco vibe with a male tenor vocal hook singing something like “can you connect, can you connect me” with light vocoder-type processing so it sounds like it’s coming over a telephone. From what I remember, it’s a similar vibe to Ströer - “Don’t Stay For Breakfast” or L.E.B. Harmony - “Feeling Love”

Anyone know it? Did I dream this?

Really bangin’ Mugwump (I think) track with mean minor key piano. I need it. Where is it?

Tornado Wallace track with a massive dreamy drop…talked to him after the show where he played it and I think he said it was called Jelly Bump and would eventually be released…have never heard it since. I was also kind of messed up.

Sorry no idea - but what a tune!

Think is a dub,/mix of Tyrell Corporation ‘The Bottle’

Strangely all cover versions - Japanese brass band version of Encore by Linkin Park/Jay-Z

Reggae version of Shannon’s Let The Music Play

Indian disco covers including Donna Summer’s ‘I Feel Love’ & ‘Love To Love You Baby’

Would be happy enough with a digital version, I’ve wanted these three for that long. The Krumpers is available on Discogs from a Japanese seller but been stung buying from Japan before.

I’ve wanted a copy of this for a long time, can’t really afford it, so i guess just waiting for a repress, a little surprised that no-ones done a bootleg of it, or if they have, can someone let me know.

2 Likes

How much does it go for?

I’m sure I know it, but yes, no idea

1 Like

Ha ha…Cheers!

I think I was thinking of this. Which it surely isn’t

https://youtu.be/bxJaK9ZdJrA

Nope… It’s much more sort of Mo Waxy, slower, stripped back.

This is really nice.

d’y mind recording the ba ba ba day part yourself so we can hear it ?
https://vocaroo.com/

2 Likes

around £100 or more on discogs. never seen it in a record shop.

ok, does anyone know/remember a track called IT by IT (or was it IF by IF? subverted FILA logo, couldn’t quite tell) might have sounded a bit italian/DFC ish, around 90/91 maybe? was after a digital link ideally

It’s these dudes you want :ok_hand: > If? | Discography | Discogs

1 Like

This was re-issued not so long ago- also on a Kon and Amir comp a while back. Great tune!

1 Like

The entire track list of an old Al McKenzie tape called Great Tunes!! Around '94/5 I think. Had a grinning cat face on a brick wall background as the cover. I’ve found one tune off it on vinyl at a record fair with the same design on the sleeve. But of the whole set, especially want the one with the female vocal thus:
You/I haven’t seen you for a long time/something something/You can’t change years over night…I’m gonna give it to ya/Just the way you like it…Anytime/Anywhere/Just for you I’ll be there

Anyone?