Tunes you've been looking for for ages

Ok here goes. Around about '90/91(could have been made 89) I kept hearing a tune in chill out rooms. It had a tempo of about 80-90bpm, 4/4 beat, quite trippy, quite dubby vibe. It had who I think was Rajneesh/Osho or some other indian guru speaking throughout, a repetitive baseline . Main Lyrics I remember were “Looked with love everything becomes transformed, looked with love the whole world becomes transformed, transfigured and the dull and drab becomes psychedelic” It goes on for quite a long time in a similar vocal theme “Looked without love the world becomes the wolves, samsara” or summit like that. I looked in the More Protein direction but no luck yet.

Feel like i know this but can’t remember what it is. Might have had something to do with Mr Scruff or at least the kind of thing he would play back then

Thomas Bangalter - Turbo
It was one of our biggest car hits. We had 2 JBL 1000 watt subs.(Real one) Back in the day we had cds recorded randomly. Song’s name was written Turbo-Turbo. I kept searching to buy its vinyl. Couldnt find. Last year Caribou played in his set and finally I got its name shocking- Thomas Bangalter! Caribou’s set was disgusting by the way. People should stop forcing producers to dj. :face_vomiting:

Yes! It’s definitely that type of sound…

after seeing optimo and move D on boiler room - M.ono - Holding Back California - YouTube

1 Like

It’s not this is it? I can just about make your ba ba day dayan fit and it is mowaxy. Blue Boy - Remember Me (Original 12") - YouTube

Thanks but no… It’s rougher, more break beaty and a bit older than that.

Da Lata - Pra Manha?

Nope, it’s not light and fluffy like this track, it’s heavier.

Have faith people - after many years of searching I finally found it

Thanks to Charlie bones !

6 Likes

A track keeps popping into my head, was an house track from around 92/93
It had the lyrics " gimme another bottle "
" yes sir i want a drink of that bad "
" switch the warm light off & the cool light on "
It had like heavy electric guitar licks in it , wasnt obscure or anything
Searching with those key words brings nothing back
Sure some peeps on here will know

About ‘99 LTJ Bukem sat in for Giles Peterson on Worldwide, possibly accompanied by Ross Allen. They played “ headspace lullaby” off a Dat probably 3-4 years before it came out (I pestered Afro Art quite a lot about that) but Bukem referring back to his early hardcore days was chatting about Bones breaks then played this wicked breakbeat thing as an example of what he was spinning at the time. was pretty organic sounding - not super ravey / hardcore synthy if you know what I mean. Haven’t got much to ID it by except a spoken word intro that went “who are they, why would they want to play here? Who cares!”

Reward offered for information leading to a successful arrest

Anyone able to ID a minimal techno track with a repeated vocal loop w/ the lyrics “I think I’ll change my naaaaaaame”? It has been haunting me for years - heard played by Anja Schneider at Panorama Bar in 2012.

It sounded like it was from the early/mid 00s (or something inspired by that era, at least) and seems to be ungoogleable :frowning:

1 Like

Hi there! I’m looking for the gospel track around the 54 mark in this classic Mark Seven mix:

[Mixcloud](https://Mark Seven Stop Dont Stop)

Been searching discogs with every line from the song but haven’t found anything. Any help appreciated.

Thanks everybody!

1 Like

I got this somewhere but can’t remember the name of the artist right now. I’ll dig it out and tell you.

There’s a synth-pop track I heard on an Albion mix with lyrics that go “Love the Japanese Way, a little bit different than the USA. Love, take a little while, love making love Japanese Style” which I’ve been after for the longest time. I think it’s on Mixtura 26, I’ll look for the link and edit it here. Anyway I still haven’t found that (and about another 20 tracks from the Mixtura mixes which are phenomenal) and would appreciate some help!

Mel & Kim - Respectable? :wink:

5 Likes

:rofl: you’re not helping!

2 Likes

It must be this then…

Or maybe i’m getting some twisted revenge for all those people who came in to a well known high street music shop i worked at saying
'have you got the one that goes ba ba ba day dayan da da, ba ba ba day dayan da da?’

1 Like

ha ha… if i could sing it you’d get an approximation, i realise it makes far less sense written down