Recommended Playlists (Spotify, You Tube ...)

Each week I update this playlist with the songs I play on my radio show - 68hrs and counting at present - many many styles and moods.

3 Likes

Thought on jump on here for a bit of shameless self promotion, with the obvious place to start being the Slow Balearic playlist I’ve literally just updated. I tried to keep out a lot of the usual names on the whole. Check the profile there’s a ton of other playlists covering a host of styles

1 Like

The other playlist that has been freshly updates is the New Age of New Age playlist:

I made this last year to support a blog post I had written with a potted history of the New Age genre:

1 Like

Massive and large.

This is my shuffle-list for my Moon Grill project, consisting of music to play at my semi-fictional lunar BBQ joint. Updated all the time.

3 Likes

My annual holiday playlist Spotify

1 Like

I have added a playlist from the Japanese House thread @mgg

5 Likes

Fantastic!!! Thanks so much

1 Like

I’ve just updated the Slowtronic playlist if anyone needs some lazy electronica - terrible for dancing but great for headphones

Smartlink to the playlist on Apple Music, Deezer, Youtube and Soundcloud

2 Likes

I’ve been stuck in bed for 3 days under the weather so have had nothing else to do than listen to music, read and scan YouTube so have created a couple of playlists and updated others.

First one is just anything that gave me that feeling, you know the one. A few bits grabbed from the forum which is without a doubt an or THE encyclopedia of deepness. Lots more to add unless I feel better soon then I will have to work I suppose.

This is probably of less interest to most on here but I have a love of all things minimal I suppose it could be classed as deep tech to some but who knows/cares. Most i.e. nearly everyone I know finds it very dull.

Updated my radio show playlist.

3 Likes

During the course of a week’s music research we stumble across so much good music that’s got a bit more oomph and attitude than my normal recommendations it seems a shame not to highlight some of it.

The Friday Freak Out playlist will feature a few hot off the press bangers, clangers, movers and groovers for anyone who wants to get their end of week freak on. Anything goes as long as it’s fresh, firing and hot off the press.

Check out the playlist on Deezer, Youtube and Souncloud at this Smartlink

1 Like

This 15 hour long playlist of blissed-out , cosmic pedal steel and harmonica tunes hits the spot . Like all the best bits of Chill Out Spotify

1 Like

I’ve been building a quite bulky playlist on Spotify called Sunrise - loosely based on the Psychemagik TP mix from back in the days - when we met on a wild afterparty round 2012. The playlist turned into a wide range of sounds, in the spectrum of Ned Doheny, Jonathan Wilson, Can, Fabiano Do Nascimento, Joan Bibiloni, and so on. Mostly killer, some filler, but ended up with +1500 tracks - so worth the shuffle.

//// SUNRISE PLAYLIST ////

4 Likes

Obviously lots of great music presented in these playlists. But don’t you think it gets a bit too much. Hours and hours and constant updates makes it impossible to listen to. I wish people would make shorter playlists and more to the point. You can always do another. The TP lockdown playlists were a good example, an hour or so, if i liked it i played it again. Besides that Spotify is problematic in so many ways and the less time we as DJs and music people spend there the better and that includes me.

6 Likes

I’m with you there, anything over 50 tracks is overwhelming, especially as it’s nice to flip through some of them and grab a few tunes for your own :grinning:

I must be knocking on, I always used to studiously ignore classical music and I’ve never been to check a proper orchestra (it’s on the list!), even though in dance music the joy and power of strings is well known, but the last couple of years I’ve been getting into more ambient leaning electronically fused neoclassical. Here is some of my finds - it sounds particularly good on a Sunday for some reason :slightly_smiling_face:

best you avoid my ongoing radio show tracks playlist then - currently sitting at 135 hours playtime. It’s mint tho, innit.

2 Likes

Hahaha this was not directed at you personally or anybody else in particular. But why not do it one show = one playlist? Much easier to deal with.

1 Like

Ha that’s true. I have one at nearly a 1000 now. I may break it down if I have a quiet day.

true enough, but djs have a huge fomo complex so with or without spotify it is that which needs to be dismantled