Podcasts - making each walk more enjoyable

Good review for the Belgrano Diaries in the paper today, going to get on it

I would guess that others here have issues with the spine like I have, this episode is helpful for that. BTW instead of a pillow under the neck I roll a towel.

Tom Holland’s Fridge confession was a surprise!

3 Likes

This is a decent listen. Nothing you’ve probably not heard before but worth an hour of your time

2 Likes

Have we had this yet? Looking forward to digging in

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/beansaladpod

Three Been Salad is irreverent and silly. Genuinely makes me giggle.

1 Like

This looks ace!

1 Like

Into ep.1 great stuff!

Bill Brewster’s Dj History Podcast with Jane Fitz is very nice. A lot of talk about Italian house music.

8 Likes

Get some vertical vibrations in your walk with Laraaji at Esalen.

2 Likes

Big fan of Ri History
Just done 4 part series on 74 Heath / Wilson / Unions / Thatcher

Gives you a great perspective on how politics evolved

2 Likes

Probably been mentioned previously, super eccentric, thoughtful, charming. Welcome to the world of Blindboy…

3 Likes

Big fan of Jonathan Wilson, appeals to the football geek in me :grinning:. Like the way he looks at football, not just the game but the historical contexts of the time too.

1 Like

As a time capsule this is so good (as is the following weeks episode). A chat AI bot from Feb ‘23 when AI was still a bit scary falls in love with the host…

Faith crew in this episode, worth a listen…should have spent more time on the message board though :joy:

1 Like

Will post the article that led me to this in the relevant thread

Been some years now since the first “season” but Transmissions: The Definitive Story Of Joy Division & New Order, is returning. After 3-4 years, I figured it was just dead in the water and they wouldn’t bother covering the rest of New Order proper.

A lot of overlap in what I already knew but enjoyed the first go round. The teaser they’ve posted in regards to S2 was good, had to do with the recording of world in motion, which I adore. Included in that teaser was a cut take of the song’s rap from another footballer that was utterly abysmal. Fun stuff.

4 Likes

I thoroughly enjoyed “Ecstasy: The Battle of Rave”. When Ecstasy and Acid House first swept Britain, a group of lives would be changed forever. One Story. Half real life. Half drama. Great production as well.

4 Likes

Really enjoyed this as well

A rec from Mark Leckey in The Guardian. My new obsession me thinks.

2 Likes