Podcasts - making each walk more enjoyable

These are making my world go round at the moment… Currently I’m enjoying Bloomberg’s Foundering (their series on WeWork is pretty great), Adam Buxton’s ongoing series (the Ruby Wax one was pretty great) and Lost Notes. What else should I be looking out for…

1 Like

Funniest podcast I’ve heard in a while is Kim Noble’s Futile Attempts. Almost like Blue Jam meets Nathan For You. Really brilliant, and has lovely sound design. Buxton makes an appearance in it too.

Holly Herndon and Matt Dryhurst’s Interdependence podcast has some pretty interesting episodes.

https://interdependence.fm/

2 Likes

Not really a podcast person but the Sopranos podcast with Christopher and Bobby is fun.

3 Likes

Lockdown parenting with Josh widdicome and Rob beckett

1 Like

Dogpatch by Dante Carfagna and Jon Kirby is my favorite music pod. A great place to start is the first episode, “Lizards on Deck.” I also love the Three 6 Mafia epi, “Do Not Flodge,” among others.

3 Likes

Really enjoying this…

Oh this sounds good… Ta.

Lots of love for the Socially Distanced Podcast - Ellis James and Mike Bubbins - line being down the pub

• bbc sounds seriously - latest is about King Tubby with Don letts, mad professor , Adrian Sherwood
    Going to listen to Broken Record which has Rick Rubin talking to Nas
    If you can find the Word Podcast episode with Mark king from level 42 - very funny and deffo on the jazz funk
2 Likes

Really enjoyed the Chilly Gonzales episode on Tiga’s podcast. Such an extraordinary person. With beautiful insights on music (Chilly that is, not the other dude)

4 Likes

Reply All
Table Manners
Pod Save America
Guardian Long Reads
Cocaine & Rhinestones: The History of Country Music
S-Town
Serial

3 Likes

The history of country one sounds good.

2 Likes

Agreed! Genuine laugh out loud stuff.

I was at a seminar in my research department where they presented their work, really interesting approaches and perspectives on voice synthesis and the music industry.

2 Likes

Am working on a podcast New Connections as part of my PhD project on radio voices, queer theory, sustainability w.m -
The first four episodes will launch from Art Hub Copenhagen media/ultimo February (Thursday evenings). Will mainly speak with the Danish art and sound scene, the topics include voice, (post)-performativity, sound and podcasts.

2 Likes

Enjoying the Carhartt Relevant Parties podcast.
Chal Ravens extended conversations with label heads from Stones Throw, Public Possession, PAN, Ghostly etc

Also - lockdown is a fine time to delve into the surreal majesty of Bob Mortimer’s Athletico Mince. Don’t be put off that it’s meant to be about football - if yer not a football fan. It left that behind about 3 years ago.

One for the longer walk - 2 hours of the inimitable Luke Una!

The Bobby Gentry episode was fantastic!

2 Likes

Joan and Jericha. Absolutely filthy but hilarious.

4 Likes

This sounds great. Keep us in the loop.