Oooh you smell nice!

I nabbed it blind last week. It’s got a nice aquatic floral type opening, and dries down to this lovely mineral / cedar type base. Perfect for summer and to me it’s definitely evocative of the beach.

3 Likes

Sad to hear Carlos AKA Brooklyn Fragrance Lover has passed. All over youtube, even if you never saw his reviews this guy was a New Yorker that brought so much Love to the world, and made great fragrance reviews.
His funeral is soon, in NYC
R.I.P Carlos from across the pond, we will miss you

1 Like

Oh blimey! That is tragic. He can’t have been very old. Poor guy.

57 years young

wow sold out already :cry:

They’ve still got them at Dover Street Market online.

3 Likes

Sounds good from the reviews ^
Goes along with this idea that seeing as you have probably not been on a holiday for a year at least and this will provide that vibe. Scents are transporting. Have another couple of Fords on the way including the Bois Morocain, first time it’s appeared on ebay since I’ve been studying it since October. Also Rive D’Ambre that I like the sound of. There’s a lot resting on the first of them, and wedge so review to follow

2 Likes

Look forward to hearing your reviews.

Here’s a picture to whet your olfactory senses

5 Likes

Such a personnel thing, even more so than clothes, what is divine on one person can turn to stone on another. Plus it is expensive if you make a mistake.

Caron’s Yatagan is the one I always return to. On visits to Les Senteurs I am always determined to buy something else but it always ends with the question “bottle of Yatagan Mr Bi?”, “yes please” my rather strained answer.

3 Likes

Yatagan is a stunner.

This, Le Troisieme Homme, and Pour Un Homme De Caron Sport are firm favourites.

2 Likes

Love Yatagan as well. It has that pine-y thing going on with a dark edge and is great in winter. Luca had some great quote about it being more Kaa the Snake than Baloo the bear lol. Another Caron that is great if a bit retro is the lavender Pour un Homme. These are all cheap as chips stateside, too.

2 Likes

My current scooshes are

Lush - Dirty (never had so many compliments)
Diptyque - Tam Dao (I love this, would buy again)
Margiela -At the barbers (good but overpriced for that classic barber cologne)
Monotheme-patchouli leaves (£18 outta M&S, bargain)

I’m running out of the above, so will check out some of your tips

Interesting how most preferred are on the masculine side of things on TP, but of no consequence. Great to see some stone classics going up here, there’s reasons why things last isn’t there. So must must try Yatagan, as what seems to be my most loved frag is Vert D’encens piney green magic. Not sure if it’s an age thing but during the unpleasantness I’ve harked back to finding Azzaro and Eau Savage stuff I had as a teenager, still good. Today may be dropping pennies on Plum Japonais but there’s also some of the Creed Aventus come up, now that’s a talking point for you. It’s cool to hear Lush, from Poole have made something original

1 Like

@BeestonBi showing some class there, nice outlet I would imagine

Anyone taken a bottle of H24 by Hermes yet?

1 Like

Ha yeah! I went blind on it yesterday. Ordered directly from Hermes.

Really intrigued. It’s getting favourable reviews too. Performance wise it doesn’t sound like a beast, but I’m not as bothered by things like that tbh, as long as it smells good.

Have you tried it yet?

Nope. I would happily grab some as reckon if there was a house id collect next after Ford it would Hermes. Goes back to loving Terre. I loved that and had it when new, not knowing anything about JC Elena or being informed on Hermes history. Anyway none of the notes sound off-putting to my tastes and reading through them it looks like another really interesting take.
Have Patchouli Absolu on the way

Old school Italian vibes for me…

5 Likes

One thing that I’ve noticed in this journey into scent is that there’s always vast difference in people’s perception of ‘performance’ and ‘projection’ meaning to say you can read some reviews that talk about scents clearing the room, and others vanishing about 5.minutes after they’ve been sprayed… What do youre noses say about that aspect of scents smell fans?