Oooh you smell nice!

Issey Miyake and Andy Warhol pour Homme. Discovered the latter when I visited the museum in Pittsburgh, en route to DEMF/Movement/whatever it was at that point, gave it a whiff for a giggle and totally fell for it. I’m not a huge fan of most fragrances but it’s just really nice and works for me. It’s a bit of a sod to get hold of, the last one I managed to score seems like it’s a knock-off but TBH they’ve pretty much nailed it so I wasn’t that bothered.

Hey. I think we have to be a little careful here as this is a bit salesy and this forum is I hope about community. Are you ok to put stuff like this in the spam thread. Hope that’s cool.

Apologies, not affiliated in any way with any of this this stuff. Just stuff that i have picked up recently. But will steer clear of posting links

It’s cool. And thank you. I think we just need to be a bit careful or we’ll end up with loads of affiliate stuff hehe.

3 Likes

Can recommend Lalique Encre Noir if anyone needs a cheap drop. Not for everyone, and I think has had a few reformulations, but worth £20 if you see it.

4 Likes

Absolutely. Smells like money, but cheap as chips.

The Extreme version is a beaut too. Bit woodier.

2 Likes

Encre Noir sounds like a definate. On another Noir, I picked up a 100ils of this as it’s now discontinued, and have owned it since it came out. Not a scent that screams like its flanker Noir Extreme, and with enough complexity to keep me interested over years. So copped some for the longterm before it disappears.

2 Likes

Which makes me wonder, what about an online swapmeet? I haves about 25mils of Noir, does anyone have something else they want to exchange? , was gonna move on the bay but if anyone wants to sample this before it leaves shelves let me know.

1 Like

Lastly today’s new one for me is Cafe Rose. Came out in 2o12 as part of the Jardin Noir quartet, obvs Floral with many notes, its Rose like Turkish Delight Rose Water on the opening, and dries down to a longer slight coffee tone. Like many they’re unisex by salespeople but if you like something the terms meaningless anyway. The other one in that 4 was Jonquille de nuit which would be good to try now, with Daffodils everywhere, even if you’re not into frags, get a nose of Daffodils when you can, it’s another daily dose of fragrance to savour.

1 Like

Also did not expect this thread here, what a nice suprise. Turin was really an eye-opener for me. I read those books when they came out and it completely changed my views on masculine/feminine scents. My wife and I sometimes swap and there are perfumes I loved on myself that now are hers and vice versa. His writing is terrific–witty and opinionated.

My top current rotation:

1. Chanel Cuir de Russie
  2. Chanel Sycomore
  3. Frederic Malle Noir Epices
  4. Guerlain Vetiver
  5. Comme des Garcons - Odeur 71
  6. Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire
2 Likes

Good to see ^😊
Tracking down the BBC Horizon edition made of when Turin was launching the theory of scent, really want to see him in conversation now!

2 Likes

He’s done a few TED talks @mfjason and @dreambeam. He’s also got his own YouTube channel. He actually comes across as a really nice chap, despite his hatred for some of my favourite scents.

1 Like

Need to find that Horizon doc.

1 Like

Nice. I’ll check them out when I’ve got a bit of slack time

1 Like

Love “New York” as well, purchased blind on his rec, but its Wagnerian heft, as well as that it speaks of a certain time for me (80s) and cries out for a well-cut suit mean that I find fewer occasions to wear it.

1 Like

I bought a 30ml bottle blind too. It’s heavenly, but you’re right I struggle to find an occasion for it.

It’s definitely no slouch.

1 Like

Oh and to tie it all together, what would be the quintessential balearic scent? For some reason I imagine Ku reeking of Drakkar Noir or sth like that.

Loewe did a rather ill-timed launch of their Paula’s Ibiza scent last summer. It’s ok, my wife likes to wear it, but it’s worth a go even as an objet thanks to the wonderful Paula’s print packaging.

There is a Hierbas EDC and it’s just a nice pleasant lemony EDC with some faint herbal notes.

2 Likes

I imagine Ibiza club goers emanating the likes of all the CK one Blue Bottle Ford Summer scents mixed with Klein Escape and what were very Out gay favourites at the time. But that’s just total conjecture

2 Likes

An exciting Saturday night in again, have no idea what’s causing this total lack of social time…
Coming away from the bay with a new fragrance tonight don’t know what it will be yet. 2 goodies there so we will see…

2 Likes

Hearing good reports about the new Stüssy x CDG

4 Likes