Oooh you smell nice!

Nenuco!!! Now there’s a name I haven’t heard in years! SIIIIICK!

2 Likes

I love Beaufort Fathom V, Profumum Roma Orangea and so many others!

1 Like

We have a place in Spain and stock up each trip :rofl: well, we used to, pre-C19…

1 Like

Love Mister Green, saw him on Lauren’s podcast, Ponytail Journals. Great idea for a store, wish we were so enlightened here in the UK.

I’m a Aqua di Parma fan, down to the last dregs of a pre-LVHM bottle, before prices sky rocketed, fekin progress… going to get some Colonia next time in BCN.

2 Likes

Tom Ford Oud Wood and Diptyque Vetyverio (EDP) for me. Interesting but not zany.

2 Likes

Byredo. Nice one.

1 Like

in puerto rico it’s the go to cologne for babies and children (which is BONKERS if you think about it…) so, when i was little and would go visit family they’d make sure i was doused with it before going to church or whatever… but also literally EVERY baby smells like that. so the idea of a bunch of ravers sweating their nuts off smelling like nenuco is mindblowing to me. i’m SUPER INTO IT! LOL

4 Likes

@HugoFirst Another great bang for the buck!

@Dave A real gentleman’s classic. Love Trumper’s Sandalwood Cologne too.

1 Like

@Boshbish Colour me intrigued. I’d love to try these. Those bottles look amazing.

1 Like

@mcotto I’d love to try these too. Love the whole Japanese minimal aesthetic. Di Ser and J-Scent are other Japanese brands worth investigating.

@Gavin AdP Colonia has been neutered almost to the point of being unrecognisable. Such a shame. Still trying to find that replacement. LVMH taking over didn’t help. The various IFRA restrictions on ingredients have also had a major impact across the whole of the fragrance industry.

1 Like

forever since the late 80s:
49775_new

2 Likes

Great choices @HankePapier

I have Profumum’s Acqua Viva, and it is probably the most photorealistic lemon fragrance I’ve ever smelled. Just ordered a sample of Orangea.

1 Like

@roland. Can’t go wrong with either of these. Oud Wood is a beaut.

1 Like

@djniteline Another house I need to get more into. I have a small bottle of Accord Oud, which I absolutely love, and have samples of Gypsy Water and Bal D’Afrique. Both great too.

1 Like

@brunoots Great stuff! Still being produced today. Has it held up well?

It surely has, although somewhere in the nineties they must have watered down the formula so it smells a bit less profound, probably for commercial reasons? Anyway, it still serves me well as a little time machine :blush:

1 Like

Acqua viva it’s so good!! Exactly as you describe!

1 Like

For cheap samples, would recommend Book. Smells like La Labo, if you like that kinda scent

2 Likes

That looks like some innovative lines, the idea that naturals are lacking and somehow not used in many scents isnt totally on the mark when most things we buy are synthetic, however
would like to get into learning the woods and this might be a start. How does this go with the bossman?
@Apiento people sending things, or using the forum to link websites or ebay links?
what say you, thanks