New Radio Station Loose Needs DJs

I enjoyed putting that show together for yesterday, just had a dig through some records and treated it like a DJ set with me introducing music/talking. It was good fun. Thanks Loose FM and TP for making me aware.

4 Likes

Got my latest monthly show on Loose.fm today at 15:00 GMT.

Balearic, dub, jazz, Compass Point, 90s house, disco sounds and a couple of Loft classics. Plus some mic chat which seems to be channelling an inner mobile disco DJ vibe. Note to self: Must get better at the mic stuff.

Anyway I loved putting it together as always.

Track list tomorrow.

10 Likes

I struggle with the mic chat too. Normally at a gig I’d maybe talk to random people around me, with lots of head nodding or hugs or whatever, but there’s no pressure to try to form proper sentences. With a radio show, you can’t really do hugs, you have to try to be coherent.

3 Likes

Nice one Don, Luxuria sounding good right now :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for tuning in. I always wonder if anyone is listening. I do a shout out to my kids nearly every show as they usually listen but they’re not so familiar with the Italian ambient house sound.

Got quite a sore head today. Best thing about working from home is having a little siesta after lunch. Sorts me out.

4 Likes

Certainly sounded like you were having fun in there, fair play

I always ask my kids to listen as well, but they’re older now so find it a bit cringeworthy, haha all good fun though

3 Likes

The three of you have some of the best shows on the station! And most popular! Tell that to your kids.

3 Likes

@ufstylus Thanks, very kind of you sir. Have already told them :wink:

1 Like

Hey,
Just wanted to say hi to the Loose Fm community and will be great to catch up when I can.
Posted January’s (Lone Saxon) Loose show up on the mixes thread, if anyone wants to give it a blast.
I’m on the forum, though don’t get the chance to post often as work life gets in the way.
nice one

6 Likes

Back on Loose today 5-7pm. Lots of dubby spacey business lined up before I hand over to my special guest, DJ Sophuli who joins us from Melbourne. She’s ace. Hope you can tune in

11 Likes

Looking forward to another return to the Loose studio tonight 7 - 9pm. The usual Balearic-ambient-house business, all with a love connection to get you in the mood for Valentine’s next week :heart:
Hope you can tune in, turn on & drop out for a bit :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m back on Loose.fm today 5-7pm. Here’s the blurb for the show

Joe Morris digs deep this month, exploring trance-inducing electronica that emerged in the early nineties. Is it ambient, techno, new age or acid? Perhaps the answer lies somewhere between these styles. Tune into Shades Of Sound to find out as Joe joins the interconnecting dots between these spaces.

7 Likes

Sounding good

2 Likes

Couldn’t listen to all of it but what I did hear was brilliant. A masterclass @Joe Top quality programming, really nicely put together.

1 Like

Thanks for tuning in mate :slight_smile:
I’ve just posted the show in the mixes thread

2 Likes

Back on the mighty Loose.fm tonight 7 to 9pm.

The usual heady brew of left field electronics, dubby Balearic & deep techno, from A Cold Cell to the Tribal Dawn, where The Moody Boyz meet Archbishop Beardmouth uptown….

4 Likes

Back on Loose today 5-7pm. I’m joined by special guest Larry Quest from Lisbon. Expect the usual blend of esoteric beats, shimmering balearica and the deepest of house x

6 Likes

Is this on the loose mixcloud? Struggling to find it?

Here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Joe :handshake:

1 Like