New Radio Station Loose Needs DJs

If anyone is running short of mixes to listen to, my latest Loose show is here on Soundcloud. We usually have 2 or 3 people playing back to back so it’s often a mess of styles and tempos but good fun and hopefully interesting to listen to. If you hear a saxophone or flute in any tune that’s usually my contribution.

7 Likes

I’m gonna post this for them as I love this show so much - the first live show we did on Loose is now 8 months old tonight. Not a significant milestone but I’m always amazed every new month we get to do this.

Don Milano & Friends (@don_milano & @Amboss) live tonight 8pm-11pm! Photo taken in the Loose garden.

9 Likes

Sounding good chaps!

3 Likes

Yep been a fun few hours

3 Likes

Thank you for listening!

Whenever we do the write up for social media I take an educated guess what will be played but then it turns out a bit different when we pack records in the morning of the show.

I took this photo when we were playing back to back. The record on the left is something I put on, some early house type thing, pitched up +8 and then Bill has to pitch down some 90s techno to -8 to mix in. It went on like that for a while, we had to meet in the middle on the BPM. Quite funny.

6 Likes

Back on Loose today 5-7pm with a two hour session of warm ambience & deep sonics. A veritable treasure trove of new and old music awaits, plus I’m showcasing a brand new remix from myself that only I and the pigeons outside my studio widow have heard. Do tune in x.

5 Likes

Theres been a really lovely session on right now, perfect for my hazy hungover brain, not sure who it is?

1 Like

Well… we’re a year old and I can always go back to the top of this thread to remind me where it started and how nervous and unsure I was about it. Anyway, I’m still nervous, and still guessing, but now am surrounded by a community of amazing DJs, staff and volunteers who help keep it running and keep up the quality of the shows we put out.

It also means I don’t ever have the chance to come back here and join in, which I miss! But I want to thank all the DJs from here who have become friends and regulars, and the general support from the members of this forum.

And also say we’re having a free party in a few weeks, a joint birthday with the Mikkeller bar around the corner from the studio, to which you are all more than invited. 10 hours, 10 DJs from Loose, broadcasting all day with fresh beer on the taps and hopefully a good community hang out. Hope to see some of you there!

Big love to Test Pressing :hearts:

22 Likes

Congrats man. Never an easy job running a station, so more power to you :fist:t3:

2 Likes

Yes congratulations Mark and team, really appreciate all the effort you guys put into it. Thank you for giving me a platform to produce my show. Best of luck with the party x

3 Likes

Congrats Mark @ufstylus i know it hasn’t been easy to keep it going. Huge respect.

Thanks also for letting a middle aged bedroom DJ get onto internet radio every month. X

6 Likes

Just been listening to some of your shows whilst on holiday in sunny Scotland- really enjoyed them so will be tuning in on the regular!

1 Like

Bless mate, thanks :pray:t2:

2 Likes

Massive congratulations Mark, to you and the team, you’ve done an amazing job building the station up and keeping it going through thick and thin :muscle:

Big respect for championing the underdogs and giving people opportunities, and huge thanks from me for letting me loose (pardon the pun!) on the airwaves!

Keep on keeping on, see you at the party!

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! Hope you’re all good x

3 Likes

Just a very belated echo of the love for @ufstylus and the great work he has done getting Loose FM to its first birthday. Very well done.

3 Likes

Caressing the airwaves today from 3pm on Loose. Keeping the balearic spirit alive with an eclectic selection of warm and lucid vibrations

4 Likes

Enjoying the Patchouli Bros this afternoon

2 Likes

Was searching soundcloud for your latest and there it was about to start live on the Loose tab. Enjoying it.

2 Likes