Lisbon Recommendations – Tips & Places To Go

One of, if not my favourite city for record shopping. There’s a lot of stuff around that we - I’m based in Helsinki - just don’t get, at least not in the same amounts, around here and even in central Europe.

Worth going to:

• Tabato
  • Amor
  • Flur
  • Discolecção
  • Peekaboo

And there’s surely plenty more…

2 Likes

Made it to Peekaboo last week. Top shop! Bit tucked away and two other second hand places in the same ‘mall’. 2pm opening though.

Seems that most of the record shops open late and close late.

2 Likes

Reviving this thread a little.

Just booked a last minute week in Lisbon (City + Beach time).

Any last min recommends?

1 Like

Carpet and snares record shop.

1 Like

Going next month for 4 nights, very much looking forward to it

2 Likes

There are a couple of great small neighbourhood restaurants up Calcada de Sant’Ana, up the hill past the bends and on the long straight bit. Always packed, cheap, and in a charming street. The best one is the one with hundreds of drawings of the owner stuck to the walls(Alberto’s maybe).

There is a beach club called Casa Reia, saw Mike Stellar play there and thanks to some lovely people got to have a shroom reset and watch the sun come up on the beach.
https://www.instagram.com/casa.reia/

3 Likes

How safe would you feel there travelling alone? Genuine question.

Very safe but you will be offered drugs everywhere but not aggressively like some other cities and nearly everything from hash to Cokie is fake on the street.

1 Like

Good to know. Had the same feedback from a few people. First time as a solo traveller here lol.

Super safe. Yes and offered drugs all the time in central area, not so much anywhere else.

Thinking back Ramiro (see above) still a highlight.

Didn’t mention the Pastel de Nata, we went Manteigaria pretty much everyday, 300% better than anything you’ve had in the UK.

1 Like

Second that, very chilled, relaxed city. All round lovely vibe. Weather should be great this time of year too.

Remember walking in to just a regular neighbourhood cafe early morning, coffee and a custard tart no more than 2.5/3 euros max. Great not to feel fleeced everywhere.

3 Likes

Any cheapish hotel recommendations?

Loved staying here

1 Like

In Lisbon atm. Loving it.

Bit of a random question. Everywhere I walk I can smell this rose and patchouli type smell. Anyone any idea what it might be?

Sintra today. Giving Vago a try tonight.

It truly is a fantastic city. Hilly as fuck though. My calves are burning… I’m so unfit it’s untrue.

8 Likes

1 Like

You never realise how unfit you are until Lisbon :grin:

2 Likes

Electric bike was a game changer

1 Like

Last full day here today. Checking out the record shops.

Amazing city. The weather has been brilliant too.

2 Likes

Topo Martim Moniz atm. Great recommendation. Friendly staff.

6 Likes