Home listening set up

Me too, I’m near Lewes & love a decent pint of Harvey’s best :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice! whereabouts are you. I’m in Lewes. Might pour you a pint when we’re allowed :grinning: Which by my Beer Countdown App is a mere 75 days :pleading_face:

1 Like

I’m up on the downs above Eastbourne, I propose a Test Pressing branch meeting at the Rights of Man!

2 Likes

Seconded! :+1:

1 Like

Love the Beer Countdown App!

1 Like

Man, it goes slow though eh? :joy:

1 Like

does anyone have a solution for multi-room audio that doesn’t involve me sending wires all around my house? i want to be able to play my records on the hifi upstairs but somehow broadcast that sound to different rooms in the house. like sonos but from a local source.

1 Like

keen to know also

take a look at the Denon/Marantz HEOS solution

what are you using to prop up your rotary mixer? I want to get mine like that

1 Like

I actually used the packaging from a pair of shure carts that were handy. Seem to work well. :+1:

1 Like

After reading through here, I decided to sort out a digital/streaming setup. So I bought this thing as very affordable:

I just wanted to add that music coming through it sounds like I have put my speakers inside a cardboard box :laughing: It’s proper shit, and I am not an audiophile, I use Wharfdale hifi speakers, nothing fancy. I hope that helps anyone else with their home setup, haha.

5 Likes

This in itself should be a thread

Wow this is my dream. I’d love to have a bar and a listening room in one space. Currenlty only have a listening room, but next place I buy will have a finished basement so that I can put in a bar and some big klipsch speakers.

1 Like

A basement would be great but I would go for a different vibe. In a garden, a pub with wood panelling and bluebells makes sense. In a basement i would go for a darker Berghain, leather, red light vibe.

2 Likes

That’s one way to get the neighbours talking :rofl:

6 Likes

I use something similar to pair my Walkman with a portable Bluetooth speaker. Audiophile it is not but super fun and useful and lets me listen to tapes in the water as the speaker is waterproof.

You have a speaker in your pool?

It’s a $90 Urban Ears Boom but yeah it’s completely submergible and we keep it on a little floaty. I’ve brought one in to the Pacific Ocean as well.

Screenshot from 2022-03-27 20-24-18

6 Likes