Home listening set up

That Azymuth record is dope

…cool setup too.

1 Like

All time amazing!

1 Like

I have two listening set ups…well, one room is a strictly listening set up, the other is for playing and recording radio shows/mixes…ironically, I rarely sit down in the “big” room to actually listen to music…but that’s mainly because if I AM in there, I’ll be producing stuff on the other set up to the right (also pictured).
And tbh, neither set up is particularly high end audiophile stuff…just technics decks and NAD amp and a bunch of other stuff. I just make sure to buy new needles every so often. The speakers on the left are Mordaunt Short, the ones on right are Yamaha HS80M.

8 Likes

Love this, is this your gaff mate?

Yes Phil, it was my summer project as i didn’t have any work during lockdown.
Mind you, it’d been in the planning for a few years, originally as a play room for the kids. It’s actually more a play room for me now😂

3 Likes

The wall panelling, the ale pumps… I think you win this thread. I don’t care what speakers you’ve got.

5 Likes

Nice, when did you buy the JP8? Have you seen what they’re going for now? Absolutely ridiculous.

I got one in 92 for £500, wish I’d been able to keep it!

Thank you! The oak panelling was the last thing I did, and I’d promised myself not to move any sound equipment or use the space at all until it was finished completely (I’ve got a lot of unfinished projects in the house, like the bathroom is still un-tiled after 6 years, but hey, you can use it😂).
But yes, for me the panelling is what i’m most happy with.:+1:

2 Likes

Absolutely brilliant - that support column in the last pic is crying out for some horse brasses :smile:

1 Like

It looks amazing. All round to yours then once lockdown is done? :smiley:

Oh Carl, my collection of horse brasses is deep, believe me😂
I’ve had to show a lot of restraint. i’ve got a lot of really nice pub mirrors and enamel signs. Basically what i call Pubanalia or Breweriana. Trouble is shiny surfaces are the enemy of good sound so I’ve had to find a compromise.
I made the sound boards on the walls with some acoustic insulation and the covered in Tweed for that traditional feel😀.

1 Like

When lockdown is done, it’ll be a case of “We Never Close”:joy::+1:

1 Like

Bloody marvelous :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Don’t even joke. I’m so ready for talking b******** all night with mates and playing tunes. It’s been too long. Regardless of any clubs/parties the post-lockdown energy of nights in with friends is going to be amazing!

2 Likes

I bought it “relatively recently” but I’m old…so my “recent” is someone else’s “aeons ago” :smile:

Yeah, I’d be curious to know how much they sell for actually…I hear they are in 5 figures now

I got mine off a guy who was in Hawkwind…I’d actually seen that very synth being used at a Hawkwind gig I attended in the 90s. Was crazy that he toured with it.

3 Likes

Added a Record Cleaner to my set up today, Ive wanted one for years but have never been able to justify spending the cash on one. Well I’ve sold a shit load of records in recent months so Ive managed to convince myself its fine to use some of that cash on a Cleaning Machine.
Wonder how long it will take my wife to notice there is a new addition to the set up when she gets home in a few weeks.

6 Likes

I’ve also wanted a record cleaning machine for years but held off buying a Loricraft as I didn’t have space for one. That looks quite compact though, is it a Pro-Ject ?
My mate used to have an Audiolab 8000A, nice amp.

Yeah, its compact its a Pro-ject VC-E.
Its compact and at £299 was an acceptable price point for me.
Ive only had it a day but its already improved my listening experience, records that need a clean can be cleaned and dried in a minute or so, rather than washing them in the kitchen and waiting for them to dry (usualy the next day), I get to hear the record I want almost instantly, its very nice.
Just pulled out a record to play and its got sticky larger finger prints all over it, and Ive not had a drink in over 9 years! Nice to see the record cleaned and ready to spin in an instant.

3 Likes

That’s a great space, and Harveys on tap too, nice work!

1 Like

I had some lovely Old Ale over Christmas. Really missing a pint right now.:beer:

2 Likes