HOLALALAAAA. Introduce yourself here

Christ! 20 years sounds like an awful long time, but yes I guess it must be about that…was a good little site for a few years, and even though all sorts got discussed on there, there’s only so many stories to be told about jumping up and down in nice clobber and being chased/chasing folk outside railway stations :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m Piers.

DJH lurker, member of semi-dormant nu-disco boyband Soft Rocks, co-runs Mysticisms. Sometimes do a spot of writing for Test Pressing.

Paul has made me a moderator here so I’m totally drunk on power.

18 Likes

a/s/l? wuu2?

Scott, 33, Glasgow, long-time reader first-time caller. Wishing I had spent more of my 20s going to clubs and parties, planning to never say no to anything once (and only once) this pandemic situation is sorted.

2 Likes

Hi Jack Amor here.

Ambient string theorist who spends time in South Cornwall with Jon Tye making lysergic new age meditations. A release of such material is coming out on RUF KUTZ imminently as Ocean Moon Group (late Feb 2021)

Occasional writer for Viscera (https://www.visceramusic.com/)

Fair-weather DJ and dedicated digger.

Collector of delay pedals.

Jack x

PS - this forum was a most excellent idea.

13 Likes

Nice one Jack. Heard some of your work a couple of months back. Most excellent it was too x

2 Likes

Whoa thanks, dude. Really glad you liked :gem:

1 Like

Hola x

Thanks @Joe for the nod.

I’m Nick, Yorkshire, Leeds and Clandestino crew member.
Do a few DJ gigs from time to time.
Release and make music.
Put a shift in when needed designing for Paper Recordings and Clandestino.
Have a monthly podcast mix called Chance to Dance
Got a show on NARR radio in Leeds in the works.

big love

6 Likes

Hi I was on BBC, DJH, BWD and sometimes braved the Faith waters too… left the E London maelstrom and eventually ended up in Spain. Spotted a load of familiar monikers on here, I haven’t seen in years!

1 Like

Hi, I’m barfyman362 AKA Mr. Quaver.

1 Like

Hi.
I’m Andy. Have sorely missed a place to hangout with like-minded souls since the demise of DJH.
Big up TP for getting this going.

Cheers x

7 Likes

Hi! This board is already such a welcome addition to my life. I’ve been a TP reader since day 1 and was a serial music board lurker back in the glory days of Brownswood, DJH, Faith et al.

Originally from London and recently settled in Northern California via an 8-year stint in NYC.

Loves: Travelling, records, Gilles Peterson, IPA beer, Luke Una’s Worldwide Show, stinky cheese, Balearic music, DJ Harvey, and test match cricket.

Happy to be here :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi, Bruno here from Gent, Belgium. Been deejaying since the mid 80s and mostly active now as bassist in Rheinzand and one half of remix/producersduo Scorpio Twins.

Delighted to take part in this forum, to share and to learn in a non-social media environment :wink:
Loves all things Balearic, Berlin School Kosmische/kraut, jazzrock/70s 80s fusion, pre-nineties metal :sweat_smile: and overall Japanophile.

Very nice to be here!
x

11 Likes

hello there
half man half coyote. is it balearic and magic wander.

11 Likes

I’m so happy that forums are back!!! Will try and be less of a lurker this time around…

I’m James. Londoner living in Merseyside. Always on the look out for balearic inspiration

Ex-raver with hopes of a return to it one day. Dabbled in making music / edits once upon a time. Now work and kids take up 110% of my time :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Hi :wave:

I’m Ceri, I co-produce and occasionally present The Wonderfulsound Libraries on Soho radio alongside Wonderfulsound boss Miles Copeland. I also curate a weekly Spotify playlist under the moniker of Good Places.

Great to have a forum back, looking forward to getting involved!

9 Likes

I’m Mike, Northerner in exile in London.

First started going out in the mid nineties , Golden in Hanley, Wobble in Birmingham, Trash in Sheff etc etc

First got into the Balearic sound after hearing Balearic Mastercuts on a blog in the early 00s and my mind’s been there ever since. Also partial to some obnoxious techno.

Work in music as an artist manager but more in the Indie/Guitar/Band scene so no risk of me spamming.

Here for knowledge. Am already financially worse off since signing up here, long may that continue.

6 Likes

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised to see so many DJH ppl on here lol

I am pipecock aka Thomas Cox from Pittsburgh. I was an early DJH shitposter (I got one of the t shirts for top posters before they changed the structure of the site) as well as very active on DHP and Little Detroit and Disception. Sometimes on Global Darkness. [email protected] as well, [email protected] going back to 96. Breaks and DNB Arena lists back then too.

Been working at record stores off and on for over two decades, had a number of musical projects and record labels, done countless parties etc. Since DJH ended I’ve been in Pittsburgh Track Authority (I left in 2016!), run a number of new music/edit/reissue labels, thrown parties at Pgh’s infamous Hot Mass afterhours, done liner notes for compilations, and run my blog infinitestatemachine. I’m also currently in a group with Noleian Reusse (from Africans with Mainframes) that we call Negative Hallucination, our first record came out a couple years back on Golf Channel. And I’m about to launch my own new vinyl only label for just my own solo productions.

Also you can find me on twitter and IG and discogs @pipecock

11 Likes

Hello Pete here, the tallest man at Clink St (probably).

John Peel acolyte in the mid 80s then fell down the dance rabbit hole via The Woodentops, Tackhead, 4AD… Factory In the Park and Def Jam tour 1987 set it off then started clubbing at Boys Own barn dance, Queens, Better Days, TRiP, MFI, Shoom etcetera DJd until 94

5 Likes

HI all,
I’m Nadav from Ramat Gan (basically part of the Tel Aviv metropolitan area in Israel).

Lived a few years in London (94-97) and been missing it since…

I have DJed and produced music since late in the previous century, and now on official hiatus for various reasons I won’t get into in here.

lovely to have some music loving social action away from the regular spots on the dreaded web 2.0 usual suspects.

3 Likes

Ally from Glasgow. Record collector, dj and dancer. Dabbler in music making. Houseplant hoarder.

Was on DJH for a few years. Can’t remember what name I went by, might be this one.

4 Likes