HOLALALAAAA. Introduce yourself here

Greetings, welcomes, and all round goodness…you are now entering the Test Pressing online forum…a tempestous hotbed of revolutionary fervour, where your wildest dreams can come true. Please state your name, intention, and some sort of speed date intro (no dick / clit pics!)

3 Likes

:joy:🤦

Have you run the guest list before Ali hehe?

To Ali’s post - if you fancy saying who you are and where you’re from pls chip in.

3 Likes

I started my music thing in the early 80’s in hip hop crew second to none. I have been around for hip hop jams, warehouse parties, rare groove, acid house/rave, acid jazz, reggae and soul collecting and weekenders. Still love it as much as ever, as a DJ and a punter, and my favourite experience in life is still a good night out with fantastic music.

4 Likes

Im Sean & have already put enough about myself in the ‘Welcome’ thread, so won’t bore you anymore too much.
Pretty much a Suburban SE London Soul boy/80s casual until Acid House came along for me in the Spring of 88…now I’m just a Acid Casual :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.
Love buying clobber as much as ever, creating mix tapes as dont play out much these days & taking my Max ( Jack Russell) to nice pubs.
On Soundcloud search Seanie R …if you see Hat & Sunglasses you’ve found me…thank you :+1:

4 Likes

Hi, I’m Howler,

Professional layabout, vintage clobber seller, owner of www.discotees.co.uk and occasional knob twiddler living in London.

I was a member in the early days of DJH and Faith, so it’s nice to see some familiar names on here.

I look forward to wasting even more hours on here and draining my already empty wallet further.

x

12 Likes

Nice rare design tees Howler :sunglasses::ok_hand:, must get a San Rafael sweat or tee off you some time soon mate… getting some good coverage on Insta atm. :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers @SeanieR . It’s early days, but seems to be moving in the right direction.

fingers crossed

2 Likes

Hi, I’m barfyman362 AKA Mr. Quaver.

2 Likes

Hello friends, Chris checking in from north of the border. Remember forums eh? I used to pop up on the Faith board now and again (Cookie) A buyer of records that happens to have 2 decks and a mixer than an actual DJ and long-time night-time enthusiast.

This is a nice change from doom scrolling on socials isn’t it? x

6 Likes

Hi Im Francois formally known as Parkz on DJH.
Music mad since I was a little kid, and totally obsessive about it since discovering Hip Hop in the early 80s and Dance Music around 87/8.
Ive not really kept up with new releases for a couple of years now, partly due to stopping DJ, I also felt it was time to enjoy the records I’ve bought over the decades rather than have them sat in the Expedit collecting dust whilst I buy new stuff, and I guess Im just getting old.

3 Likes

Jason here, also a visitor from the storied days of DJH and the Faith board. Long time record collector, sometime DJ, veteran of the acid house wars. Started buying records and going out when I was 16 and until bastard covid have been ever since. Originally from Northern California and part of the underground house and rave scene before moving to NYC in 1995.

10 Likes

Originally from Manchester, lived in London for years. Been in NYC for nearly 4 years now (don’t see enough of ^ Jason, but that’s because I’m useless).
Used to do parties in London as tothebone (as well as a long running podcast) and Beyond the Clouds (amongst others).
Recovering Faith/DJH/Electricks message board member.

8 Likes

I am an official Balearic Ambassador from Philadelphia, PA

5 Likes

Is this one of the Sean/Shawns? Ryan? Brian? :grinning:

1 Like

Hello there- Im from Devon were I grow up going to raves in woods and barns in the south west- music was all pretty questionable now I look back on it but it got me hooked on dance music/rave culture. It wasnt until i moved to brighton in my mid 20s that i discovered disco/house music/ balearic etc. Still buying loads of vinyl and did DJ a bit with some other hidden devon/cornwall heads before covid killed it all off! Stoked on this, nice to be spending less time on the gram

8 Likes

i’m cameron - deepconcentration on the DJH board, discogs, and here too. from portland/seattle.

mostly retired DJ, never went digital, but still an avid collector. not that there’s any DJing to be done right now, outside of radio or livestreaming. worked in record stores for a nice long time. now work in music tech, kind of. half-decent dad, terrible skateboarder.

8 Likes

Did you call? Im Sean & Ryan :thinking:

1 Like

I’m Jason. Work for my sins but I’ve always dabbled ahem. Was a party goer, then I played in bands, started to make electronic music, packed all that in sold everything, then got into playing guitars again and being in a band, then got bored and got back into making my own music, bought stuff… then sold it… three sets of 1210’s…sold them, bought again…
can never quite make my mind up…tend to sell things when I’m not using them them have instant regret…

Did my teenage partying around Milton Keynes and London, now happily ensconced in Edinburgh. Love a bit of ALFOS and trying to make Techno and Acid mainly. Long time since I signed up to a forum!

3 Likes

Another Jason. 19 in 1988, liked the flavour of this and been a TP listener for a decade? Ish.
Have the memories of Manchester upbringing and Southern teenage years and came through the other side to become a fully fledged freelance adult. House music all life long.
Milton Keynes /London formative party era.
Last thing I listened to? E2-E4 complete version today, well weve got the time now right?

5 Likes

Hi there, I’m Pete from the musical hotbed that is Wiltshire.

TP has been my go to source for unrivalled reviews and content for a long time now. I just want to thank Paul & all the contributors to the site for not only taking the stress out of “digging” but for putting me on to such great music time and time again. Long live the site and the radio show!

Peace x

5 Likes